Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: IMICA Atom becomes Aros fully native and celebrates in Silence  (Read 12749 times)

Description:

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
Do not feed the trolls :)
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
Re: IMICA Atom becomes Aros fully native and celebrates in Silence
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 02:32:59 PM »
If dpaint hits the hardware how does it work through RTG  ?
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 02:47:26 PM »
Might be getting confused between that and Dpaint.  been so long since I have used my miggy.

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 04:08:30 PM »
Quote from: dreamcast270mhz;560604
For the final time, the IMICA is an overpriced machine, (I can make one for less than what they sell for) the way clusteruk worded his post was promoting it as the next Amiga. The reason AROS is wasting time is:

1. They are using linux as a base, then popping APIs on top of it, making a WB lookalike that is analogous to linux w/ WINE. They will never capture the Amiga experience as it is in MOS or AmigaOS.

2. They have made less progress than either OS4 or MOS in the same amount of time.

But I applaud their progress thus far, they are promising, but they before long will hit a wall.

In it all, I have discovered that no Amiga user needs an Intel, you just need a G4 Mac for MOS and OS X (for modern Apps), Classic Amigas for Classic AOS and a 360 for all the new video games, you get all the benefits of Intel, minus Intel, at the same cost or less.

@leander

Ha, the applaud was funny I admit, but really, Kolla needs to learn that throwing around curses will only piss people off, sadly, he is just like Lennie.

Sorry I would never normally go for what be classes as personal attack, but.   If you are going to post please check your facts first.  Otherwise just makes you look like the cock that I suspect you are.

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 09:08:41 AM »
Quote from: bloodline;560697
I think DPaint V was the first to use Screen Modes from the OS display mode database, thus would accept RTG screen modes... But it was totally flaky on the Chunky modes... :(

AROS does have Überpaint, which is a lovely DPaint clone :)

Was Dpaint V Iwas thinmking about.  I thopuight my memory not that stuffed yet.  Defo remembered selecting screenmodes and my bvison modes being shown.

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 09:11:14 AM »
Strepthroat or whatever and dreamcast4mhz have been talking rot in several threads recently.  I suspect I am not alone in wishing they would go and be rabid and totally wrong about most things on some other site.