Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: IMICA Atom becomes Aros fully native and celebrates in Silence  (Read 13013 times)

Description:

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show all replies
It also positions itself for thin client roles and POS machines as well, where a bazillion cores aren't necessary (i.e. into linux embedded territory).  Interesting times!

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show all replies
Re: IMICA Atom becomes Aros fully native and celebrates in Silence
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 04:01:35 AM »
For me, if there was a future in PowerPC the I could see it.  I agree.  Even Apple who basically made the market for PPC is out of it.  Intel didn't kill the Amiga, but they did do one thing, and they do it really really good, and that's manufacture really darn good processors, and for cheap too.  If Motorola or IBM or AMD (who is just another flavor of x86) decided to take that processor tech further and get it cheap enough then thats one thing (OR Nvidia decides to cut Intel completely out and decides to manufacture whole processing solutions just using their GPUs...).  Those are a lot of big "if's".  MorphOS has the (now dwindling as well) PowerPC Mac market covered, and AROS is positioned to be running on all the rest of the worlds hardware.  I'd rather Amiga continue somehow or someway.  Heck, even Natami is an FPGA.  :meh:

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show all replies
Re: IMICA Atom becomes Aros fully native and celebrates in Silence
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 06:51:17 AM »
Crysis was boring anyway, except for mowing down palm trees...and FTR, there wasn't much of ANYTHING hardware wise that would run Crysis nicely when it first came out :)

Oh, and the main reason for me posting was to ask what a "BAF" was :lol: