Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New DOSbox up for testing and...  (Read 5395 times)

Description:

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
Re: New DOSbox up for testing and...
« on: November 18, 2011, 06:07:04 AM »
Thanks for the little bit of promotion there XDelusion :)

Ive had another person look at it besides myself as well now, and they also confirmed that the few remaining issues are gone.

One bug left in PRBoom and then 68k/os3.x gets some love (Dosbox and PRBoom)

p.s. Dosbox 0.74 can be found here:

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/70d248f68f_5.48NB
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 06:15:46 AM by fishy_fiz »
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 06:18:09 AM »
@Kesa

You're a little one the "un" side of usual arent you?  :)
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 06:25:06 AM »
Quote from: XDelusion;668258
Have I told recently how much you rock?!?!? Because you do!!!

Guilty as charged. Although the rocking stops short of wearing lycra in my house.
Seriously, what were the 80's/early 90's rock musicians thinking? How did that become a trend? Near as I can tell its Desmond Child's fault. :)

p.s. The above may sound cryptic unless youre old(ish)  :)

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 06:32:47 AM »
Sure, the official word is that he was raped by a hamster, but the reality is much closer to Richard Gere.

It's not as well known that Kesa was part of a cult run by Richard Gere. The cries of "The hamster raped me" could be heard nightly. It was a mantra of sorts should the cult be uncovered, so they practiced it often.

If it wasnt for Richard Gere's celebrity status, and his lining of pockets with bribes, the real story wouldve come out.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 06:36:04 AM »
Well, that's a bit different.
Women in lycra can look good.
Men in lycra give me an overwhelming desire to poke my eyes out.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 08:57:58 AM »
Nothing to be ashamed of Kesa. I hear Richard Gere is a charismatic person and has charmed many people to voluntarily be raped by hamsters.

That aside though,..... Passion Pops,.... what the heck are you thinking? That stuff is vile. I can excuse experimentation with hamsters, but drinking that stuff is unforgivable for anyone claiming to be male.
Not just that, but it also instantly changes your status from a man to a woman. Not that there's anything wrong with that, Im quite fond of woman, I just though you should know.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 09:02:42 AM by fishy_fiz »

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 11:51:19 AM »
All sillyness aside Id appreciate it if anyone with an inclination could try it out on thier systems and give me feedback please.

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/70d248f68f_5.48NB

The one error reported so far suggests that double buffering needs to be disabled in the config file if using intelgma, but Ive yet to try it on that hardware myself and didnt need to on my hardware. Just keep it in mind if your aros hardware is using intel gma graphics.

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 11:54:56 AM by fishy_fiz »

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 06:49:19 AM »
Ah, very cool. I see from those screenshots that current svn version of dosbox now has 3dfx emulation and that d3d is now available to Windows under Dosbox.
I'll have to download it and have a look. This could potentially bring quite a few new playable games to the table and make some others quite playable, even on more modest computers (assuming supported 3d hardware is available).

I cant wait to check out 3d accelerated halflife on AROS  :)

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 07:55:46 PM »
@amiduffer

That's both interesting and creepy at the same time  :)

@nicholas

Yep, it does (emulate GUS).