Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: HyperionMP: Porting AmigaOS 4 to Cell  (Read 5061 times)

Description:

Offline boing

• Show only replies by boing
    • http://www.TribeOfHeart.org
Re: HyperionMP: Porting AmigaOS 4 to Cell
« Reply #29 from previous page: June 10, 2005, 10:27:07 AM »
Mikey_C I thin bbrv mean that Pegasos hardware was done and functional.  Unlike the bugs poeple talk about for that other PPC mobo.

In any event all this make the Dragon ColdFire look just that much more appealing.

Offline Mikey_C

• Show only replies by Mikey_C
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2005, 10:27:50 AM »
Er, that's not what he meant and you know it.

YNWA!

Offline MrZammler

• Show only replies by MrZammler
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2005, 10:30:24 AM »
@lou_dias:

damn, I was reading the same thing and wanted to post it here.

While it all seems a *huge* thing, with veeeery little chances of reality, it is what amiga was all about at first: gaming

Amiga's had a great OS, and great hardware, and guess what: people would rarely load the OS, just skipped it and booted games instead. So, the PS3 will be bought by 99% of it's customers for a gaming machine. There is another 1% that will boot it's companion OS cd's, so maybe OS4 has a place there ;-) I.e: Great OS, great hardware. Amiga all over again. Maybe not in a form most of us would like (i.e. desktop computer), but that didnt stop the A500 from becoming one (and the PS3 *can* be one).

Quote from the article:
Maybe a new OS might come out.

But anyway, I really dont thing that Sony will take notice of the small AmigaOS existance in the universe, or if it will find anything useful to do with it compared to todays OS'es out there, but here's to hoping!

My .2 euros
Anyway is the only way

Offline Tripitaka

• Show only replies by Tripitaka
    • http://acidapple.com
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2005, 11:20:24 AM »

boing wrote:

In any event all this make the Dragon ColdFire look just that much more appealing.

I could not agree more & it comes out at the end of the month providing the processors begin mass manufacture on the 15th. :-D

Has anyone else out there heard that IBM now has 3 Cell customers? IBM has not named them but one is involved with medical technology and the other target identification systems, for the military no less.Mmm...the Cell seems to be more versatile than some would have us believe. :shocked:
Falling into a dark and red rage.

Offline Rogue

• Show only replies by Rogue
    • http://www.hyperion-entertainment.com
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2005, 11:58:50 AM »
Better to port OS4 to the Pegasos (it is already done!). Nate and Kermit can manage it and Wennie can promote it.

No. If at all, you might have hacked something together, but that is not what I call a port, and anything in that direction MUST pass Hyperion and Amiga, otherwise it is theft.

Repeat: There is no AmigaOS 4.0 port for any Pegasos, nor is there any plan at this time to do so. Any new port will in any case not start before OS 4 is finished.

No need to discuss this further, I am not going to read this thread anyway.
Look out, I\'ve got a gun