Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tips on moving to Linux?  (Read 20573 times)

Description:

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
Re: Tips on moving to Linux?
« Reply #359 from previous page: May 02, 2014, 06:21:46 PM »
Adobe...
Jettisoning that crapware under Windows would be quite desirable.

Under early Mac OS revisions, Adobe technology was great in enabling WYSIWYG.

These days, I am oh so tired of the slow downs and crashes this stuff engenders.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline psxphill

Re: Tips on moving to Linux?
« Reply #360 on: May 02, 2014, 09:21:09 PM »
Quote from: desiv;763541

Looking for conversations with rational people who can see the positives and negativies in both OSes..

You'll be lucky, this thread is full of LOL Windows $uck$ & Linux rul3zzzzz!!!!!1

My point was about users, nothing to do with capabilities of the OS. I run Linux on many devices just not on anything that would be classed as a computer.

Linux has some technical positives because they don't care about compatibility, while Microsoft have to try to keep software compiled twenty years ago to run on the latest operating system.

Android is worse, each phone has compatibility issues even when using the same version of Android, it's fork hell. I've been following the development of Cyanogenmod for my obsolete 2011 phone & the way you have to pick and choose from different forks because nothing seems to work properly is insane.