Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Yup, I just banned him...  (Read 17636 times)

Description:

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
Re: Yup, I just banned him...
« on: October 13, 2013, 01:18:48 PM »
As a child of the '60s and '70s, I have always appreciated a  little dissent and disregard for authority.

Having been banned before, I would not be surprised were I to be banned again in the future.

You folks all act like this is some kid's club and you can just revoke someone's access to to tree house.

It is childish on all sides and I am disappointed in CommodoreJohn and J-Golden.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 10:43:01 PM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;750032
I'm glad he's been banned for a while.  On many threads, he drove people off by using it as a bully-pulpit especially if it was a thread of his starting.  Anyone who disagreed with him or had a differing viewpoint, was in simpler terms, called an idiot and told to shut up.  I think that's been a problem for A.org for a while now, people who want to use the forums to be bullies rather than a place of discussion and information sharing.

Well, not without admitting my own faults (of this nature), you're not the most laid back easy going guy yourself.

And the demeaning and abusive language is why some people like AmigaDave are not seen here any more.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 12:13:31 AM »
Quote from: nicholas;750219
The only site I use Chrome for Android to browse is A1K because it auto-translates the site for me. Automated Deutsch to English is not so bad really but I'm not sure how well it would translate to Suomi. ;)

Seconded, great function, but Chrome crashes on me with almost the same regularity as Safari.