Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Yup, I just banned him...  (Read 17687 times)

Description:

Offline wawrzon

Re: Yup, I just banned him...
« on: October 13, 2013, 05:38:07 PM »
Quote from: cgutjahr;750005
The "electric cars" section is a total waste of space and only exists to create some revenue for the site owner. And, more importantly: every time you stumble over it you're reminded that said site owner is trying to cover that up.

in this case id say: whatever! if it is a revenue to site owner allowing us to use this site to post our crap, im all for it. i have not even noticed that section and surely it does not take any unnecessary room as long as none is posting there, so whats there to complain about? even though i have usually been critical about the site owners practices in many cases, this in my eyes is nitpicking.

this said i dont see it as reason enough for banning whomever, though a week ban may be within a moderation error tolerance. ive been banned like that in here and on aw.net and got over with it. i hope thats what cj will act like as i see him as valuable poster. honestly id go for general amnesty and have people like franko and vox again here, no matter if i agree with them or not.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 06:38:37 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;750022
honestly id go for general amnesty and have people like franko and vox again here, no matter if i agree with them or not.

oh have not noticed vox is back anyway.;)

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 06:46:05 PM »
Quote from: cgutjahr;750031
Yep, maybe the people wanting him back should take that as a clue.

why? i can well make up my conclusions myself. im sorry, but i refuse to be given clue by sorts of moderation that bans people on those sites you have in mind (i can name only two).

Something similar already happened. For the better part of a year, the owner(s) of the site were doing their best to create as many flame fests as possible - we all remember the CUSA threads which were created and constantly bumped by "Tedd", or how Franko was allowed to insult whoever he wanted or derail as many threads as he could muster.

All of that was an obvious attempt at boosting the site statistics (because that's what flame wars do, at least in the short term) - and the only reason you'd want to do that is to increase potential advertising revenue.

Just look at what that did to amiga.org...

whatever, thats another subject that has been discussed to the death on appropriate occasion. on those subjects i usually agree, but not in this case, and i ask who of ask has actually been harmed by this action. anyone?

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 07:10:01 PM »
Quote from: SpeedGeek;750039
Announcing a members ban (temporary or semi-permanent) is not done to showcase or cause further insult to the banned member. It's done to let other members why this happened and REMIND all members that they DID agree to follow this sites rules when they signed up.he others will return with some respect for the mods and rules even if they disagree with them.

if you say so.. when i was banned for a week or so, none cared to mention this let alone dedicate a thread to this event :( ... sad..