Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gold 2.7 release for the Vampire accelerators  (Read 45684 times)

Description:

Offline grond

• Show all replies
Re: Gold 2.7 release for the Vampire accelerators
« Reply #29 from previous page: March 23, 2018, 06:41:23 AM »
Quote from: Neuf;837672
After I learned about Apollo OS I made inquiries last year and basically got the same result They simply won't be bothered looking for people they've lost contact with and as a result they won't transfer any rights.

So they don't care and neither allow nor prohibit copying of 3.9, at least not if no money is charged for the copy. That's what I would consider abandonware.

Offline grond

• Show all replies
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2018, 12:36:57 PM »
Quote from: Thomas Richter;837685
First of all, it is not up to you to decide what has been abandoned or not.

Neither is it up to you to decide. It is up to the rightsholder. That is what I was asking about above: whom should I show the receipt to?

It is entirely Haage's private business and none of anybody's matter whether other people's rights are infringed or not. Be concerned about your own rights but not about other people's.

Offline grond

• Show all replies
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2018, 02:07:54 PM »
Quote from: kolla;837705
No it isn't, the righsholder can even be dead, and the work is still under copyright protection for another 70 years.

Then the heirs of the rightholders are the new rightholders. It doesn't change anything: prosecution of copyright infringements is entirely up to the rightholder and not to anybody else. If nothing happens, it seems it doesn't matter to whom it might concern. In any case it's none of your business.

Offline grond

• Show all replies
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2018, 03:12:01 PM »
Quote from: kolla;837709
That is not automatic, people also die without having heirs, and copyright still last 70 years.

Nonsense. If there are no heirs, the state inherits.  
I make it my business, since you ("the Team") have been so super nice with me and others. I am sure you want me to shut up, but as long as the Apollo Team keep up with arrogance and BS, I will not shut up about it.

That's probably why it says "Desperately needs a life" next to your avatar.