Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Forum Moderation Techniques  (Read 15549 times)

Description:

Offline Hooligan_DCS

• Show all replies
Re: Forum Moderation Techniques
« on: February 03, 2004, 04:55:43 PM »
I just read that thread. After the first couple/few pages, there was so little useful/accurate content that it is very unlikely that the original poster would have found it of any use. I didn't lock it, but I would have done.

Why you think you can decide what is helpful for someone and what is not? If this is really your honest opinion, better quit being a moderator as you really ain't got what it takes.

Offline Hooligan_DCS

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2004, 05:25:21 PM »
I continue this much: I have no objection that the thread under discussion was locked, nor I have anything bad to say about the moderation so far.

That comment just made me rolling eyes as I am 100% behind free speech and free thinking. And the last I want, is somebody to think and tell whats best for ME.

Offline Hooligan_DCS

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2004, 06:08:36 PM »
Yeah, thanks...

I think I can decide what is helpful for someone or not when mud is just being slung for three pages on end. If you think that would be useful to anyone, why don't you take up moderating elsewhere and see how well your ideas on the subject do for you. I'll continue to trust my judgement and liase with the other AO staff.

And anyway, it would hardly be the end of the world, if I locked a thread, and the original poster requested that I unlock it because they were finding the discussion useful!

I am not talking about that thread so could you forget it aswell. Couldn't care less about its destiny and it was ok it got locked.

no, you really can't decide what is helpfull for me.. unless of course you are a psychic.

Offline Hooligan_DCS

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2004, 06:36:51 PM »
If you really don't think I am doing a decent job as a moderator, voice your concerns privately to another member of AO staff. The other AO staff will discuss it, and if they feel I'm in the wrong, I'll leave.

Please can you quote me saying you weren't doing a decent job as a moderator?

Also I said in this very thread I have nothing against how moderation has been handled here. Locking up the thread was an ok thing to do.
The ONLY thing bothering me is your attitude about this,  as I explained before.

Or you could just leave

That I will do when I see fit.