Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaOS 3.2.2 Loadmodule problem  (Read 882 times)

Description:

Offline Boing-ball

Re: AmigaOS 3.2.2 Loadmodule problem
« on: April 05, 2024, 11:49:15 PM »
Hardware: CD32 with TF360 (68060) accelerator and kickrom 3.2. 32GB CF card hooked up to TF360 IDE and pfs2aio as FS

I have installed AmigaOS 3.2 and after that the general CPU libraries from the 3.2 install floppy, system boots fine with this setup

When I update to AmigaOS 3.2.2 I get LoadModule failed returncode 10 when booting

I have noticed that the startup-sequence gets some stuff added when updating from 3.2 -> 3.2.2 that must be the root cause but I cannot understand the logic and would appreciate if I could get some help with what I should change, add or edit to successfully get my system up and running

3.2 startup-sequence

3.2.2 startup-sequence, here the extra stuff added with the LoadModule commands must be the culprit. But what exactly?

You need to debug the output.

Where you have Version……. >NIL:

Remove the >NIL: at the end of those lines. That way when you bootup you will see what’s happening.

Once you know and have it working. Put the >NIL: back at the end of those lines.

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2024, 04:08:19 PM »
Tried booting with the trace option from the early startup menu, seems like files are missing (??) Shouldn't they exist after I have installed AmigaOS 3.2?

This is on a CD32. I know when I’ve done upgrades on A1200 and A4000 machines, these worked without issue. Maybe a bug on Hyperions installation for the CD32?

I have a feeling the missing files will be on the Modules disk. Hopefully there is a CD32 modules adf you can mount and copy these files over.

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2024, 12:32:04 AM »
ah, weird

Buggy installers or stuff "you should know about and copy the files youself to relevant locations"?  :P

I think I have read somewhere that the CD32 version of AmigaOS3.2 does not have proper support due to its nature.

You will need to discuss this with Hyperion on that….