Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Help with creating .raw sound files for F1GP  (Read 553 times)

Description:

Offline AndyFCTopic starter

Help with creating .raw sound files for F1GP
« on: March 18, 2014, 08:33:23 AM »
I'm in the process of creating a 2014 car set for Microprose F1GP and want to create new sound effects for the engine and car passes (three files in total).

I spent time sampling sounds form youtube videos and editing in audacity on Windows but the files are too large or just don't sound right in the game - they play too fast or sound like static, or the car pass ones just stop half way through.

Can I have any suggestions for how best to create and edit the samples please e.g. what bitrate, frequency etc? The only guidance I have in the F1GP editor is the maximum file size.

The one I'm happiest with is the engine but it needs some work as you can hear the repeat pattern.

Thanks.
A1200 in DIY Tower. 3.2 ROMs (softkicking 3.2.2), OS 3.2.2 with ClassicWB, CF card, CD RW and IDE to SD adapter running off the internal IDE port (using the A4000 4-port IDE adapter from Amigakit), Pistorm 32 lite with Pi4/2GB/Emu68 or Blizzard 1230-IV, with 32MB 60ns RAM and 50MHz 68882 FPU. 3COM PCMCIA Network card running with Miami DX.
MorphOS on PowerMac G5 and ATI 9600 pro