Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hurrican  (Read 557 times)

Description:

Offline carnidTopic starter

• Show only replies by carnid
Hurrican
« on: August 20, 2013, 02:59:25 AM »
Has anyone else here tried downloading the Amiga remake game Hurrican for Windows?  I located it here: http://turrican.gamevoice.de/hurrican_site/.  Unfortunately a few days after I installed this I realized I had inadvertently spread malware on my computer in the form of some crap toolbar called Delta Search, Browser Defender and a bunch of other crapware changing settings on my browser.  My own fault really - I'm usually really careful with these kinds of things however I thought Hurrican was worth a try at the time.  If you haven't already tried this gem, I would advise you to steer clear.  It's a shame really - I would have been willing to pay a few bucks for this game, but after having all this crap installed on my computer I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Re: Hurrican
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 03:15:48 AM »
I was able to download it a few months ago and play it without any problems or malware.  Maybe try running a better antivirus app (I typically use Symantec Endpoint Protection - the business version, not the crappy home version, or Microsoft Securiity Essentials, and back that up with periodic scans with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware).  Hopefully the download itself hasn't become infected!

In any case the game was good, a better sequel to Turrican II than Turrican 3 was, only problem was not having a joystick to play it with.  Keyboard control sucked!  :p
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 04:09:53 AM »
Yeah, I downloaded it a while back, without any problems or malware, as well. Perhaps we should email the admin of the site and let him know his executable may have been compromised.
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 04:21:03 AM »
My guess is youve got the malware elsewhere. I installed Windows version just now without problems.

Pretty average game though in my opinion. Nicely presented and quite slick, but it plays nothing like Turrican, and in fact reminds me more of Abuse.
Still though, I get a kick out of playing amiga game remakes/homages on Amiga-oid systems, so couldnt help but to give it a try on AROS when it was released (probably 12 months ago or so). Also exists for MOS and OS4.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.