Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: iGame  (Read 2200 times)

Description:

Offline SirGrahamTopic starter

• Show only replies by SirGraham
iGame
« on: October 21, 2012, 04:48:18 PM »
Hi you all.

I have WHDLoad with a few games. Everything is ok and I can even play them with the command line.

The problem is iGame because it detects the games but, when double clicking, nothing happens. It says 'Writing to disk, please wait...' and that text disappears. I can click another game with the same results.

I think iGame can't find WHDLoad so I've tried to copy WHDLoad to iGame directory and even adding WHDLoad to the PATH, but... nothing.

I know this issue haes been discussed hereabout, but I can't find a solution.

Thank you.

Offline esc

Re: iGame
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 05:33:56 PM »
Try using snoopdos to see what iGame is looking for and where it is looking.  This should clue you in to the missing files.

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 08:41:45 PM »
I'm thinking... Does iGame need the registered version of WHDLoad? I have the shareware one. I have looked at iGame's WEB but found nothing.

Offline esc

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 09:00:44 PM »
I don't think so...

Did you try using snoopdos to see what files aren't getting found?

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 05:32:33 PM »
I've executed Snoop and generated a report, which is attached to this post for clarity. You can see it very well with notepad.

I have iGame at reserved:Juegos/iGame, WHDLoad at reserved:WHDLOAD and games hanging from reserved:WHDLOAD/Juegos. For example, reserved:WHDLOAD/Juegos/A, reserved:WHDLOAD/Juegos/B...

This is the report of Snoop. The first 15 lines are when launching iGame then, until 28 included, when trying to execute game Out Run. The last 3 appear when closing iGame.

There many things that fail but the important ones are OK. What do you think?

Offline esc

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 05:41:13 PM »
Hmm, I'm not sure.  The part of that output that looks iffy to me is this:

17    iGame        ChangeDir    reserved:WHDLOAD/Juegos/O/OutRun
18    iGame        ToolType    SLAVE                                            OK
19    iGame        ToolValue    reserved:whdload/juegos/o/outrun/OutRunSega.Slave        outrunsega.slave    Fail
20    iGame        ToolType    slave                                            OK
21    iGame        ToolValue    reserved:whdload/juegos/o/outrun/OutRunSega.Slave        outrunsega.slave    Fail
22    iGame        ToolType    SLAVE                                            Fail
23    iGame        ToolValue                                    outrunsega.slave    Fail
24    iGame        ToolType    slave                                            Fail
25    iGame        ToolValue                                    outrunsega.slave    Fail
26    iGame        Open        PROGDIR:gameslist                        Write            OK
27    iGame        Execute        whdload outrunsega.slave                    Single            OK
28    iGame        ChangeDir    reserved:Juegos/iGame

All the issues with the slave.  Lines 19-26.  Can you use snoopdos when you launch this game straight from whdload?  And attach output?  I'm not sure so far.  :)

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 06:31:53 PM »
Thanks for helping.

This is the report with WHDLoad executed directly with the command line setting only data and slave parameters. When reading it, remember the app is installed at reserved:WHDLoad and the game is at reserved:WHDLoad/Juegos/O/OutRun. The game executes perfectly well.

With iGame, WHDLoad splash message doesn't even appear. That makes me think it is not found but I tried to add it to the PATH and even copying it to the directory of iGame with no results.

Offline danwood

• Show only replies by danwood
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 03:08:30 AM »
Quote from: SirGraham;712327
Thanks for helping.

This is the report with WHDLoad executed directly with the command line setting only data and slave parameters. When reading it, remember the app is installed at reserved:WHDLoad and the game is at reserved:WHDLoad/Juegos/O/OutRun. The game executes perfectly well.

With iGame, WHDLoad splash message doesn't even appear. That makes me think it is not found but I tried to add it to the PATH and even copying it to the directory of iGame with no results.

I'm having the same issue now, did you find a fix?

Offline amiga1260

• Show only replies by amiga1260
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 06:01:28 AM »
I wrote a tutorial how to setup IGame and WHDLoad. Maybe this wil help:

http://www.amigascene.nl/modules/artikelen/docs/igame-AMO-v1_2.pdf

Offline MrZammler

• Show only replies by MrZammler
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2014, 07:53:22 AM »
I think it fails to find the whdload binary.

Does it run when running whdload from a shell without being inside the directory where whdload is installed? (i.e. is it really in PATH)?

Try copying it to C/ to make sure it's just a path problem.
Anyway is the only way