Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmiKit X 10.3 September Live Update has been released  (Read 6093 times)

Description:

Offline AmiKitTopic starter

AmiKit X 10.3 September Live Update has been released
« on: September 02, 2017, 06:54:14 PM »

AmiKit X is the most complete and up-to-date Classic Amiga world in a modern suit. Now it includes more than 390 pre-configured AmigaOS3.x programs running on your Windows, Mac or Linux.

For detailed changelog please visit https://www.amikit.amiga.sk/

Enjoy!
Jan

Offline whiteb

• Show only replies by whiteb
Re: AmiKit X 10.3 September Live Update has been released
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 03:00:34 AM »
So 8.5 is the last free one ?
A4000D - CSMKII//128MB/IDE CF/Indivision Scandoubler
A1200
A1000

(And now a Minimig) :>)

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 03:26:47 AM »
Reading some old Amiga User International magazines recently (from late 80's) I found an advert for something called "Amikit". Said product claimed to have "more than 60 preconfigured tools and utilities designed to enhance your AmigaOS experience".

Same name, same type of package, but does anyone know if its the same thing, or is it just a 30 year old coincidence?  (or perhaps "inspiration"?)
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline Niding

• Show only replies by Niding
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 11:29:46 AM »
Quote from: AmiKit;830319

AmiKit X is the most complete and up-to-date Classic Amiga world in a modern suit. Now it includes more than 390 pre-configured AmigaOS3.x programs running on your Windows, Mac or Linux.

For detailed changelog please visit https://www.amikit.amiga.sk/

Enjoy!
Jan

Thanks for the update Jan :) (Ive purchased several of your earlier versions)

Looking forward to the future Vampire tweaked version(s)

Offline slaapliedje

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by slaapliedje
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 04:33:45 AM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;830454
Reading some old Amiga User International magazines recently (from late 80's) I found an advert for something called "Amikit". Said product claimed to have "more than 60 preconfigured tools and utilities designed to enhance your AmigaOS experience".

Same name, same type of package, but does anyone know if its the same thing, or is it just a 30 year old coincidence?  (or perhaps "inspiration"?)

Interesting, though the copyright in the image shows 2005-2017.  My guess is more inspirational than anything.  the first of its like that I saw was AIAB (Amiga in a Box).  That set up was great.  I also liked Amigasys, though it seems that one dropped off the face of the earth just like AIAB.
A4000D: Mediator 4000Di; Voodoo 3, ZorRAM 128MB, 10/100mb Ethernet, Spider 2. Cyberstorm PPC 060/50 604e/420.

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 09:59:22 AM »
Quote from: Niding;830463
Thanks for the update Jan :) (Ive purchased several of your earlier versions)

Thank you, Niding :)

Quote from: fishy_fiz;830454

Very interesting! Can you make a picture of the ad? Anyway, I was born in 1980 so believe me I was inspired by completely different things at that time :lol:

Btw. I've just found a book from 1988:

Offline kreciu

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 02:07:59 PM »
I like Amigakit and fully respect work put into it, but in some way it is overdone IMHO. To much stuff was changed, tweaked etc. etc. it feels like something different then AmigaOS. Or maybe it is me, who likes to install AmigaOS from floppies and do it again, and again, step by step, library by library.

AmigaOS is like a sculpture for me, instead of peace of wood I start from fresh CF 4GB Kingston  ;).
Re-A1200inE/BOX/3.2/AmigaOS3.2/TF1260@66Mhz/256Mb/MediatorTX/R9200SE/SpiderUSB/LAN/SB128/16Gb-CF/DVD-ROM/FDD-HD

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 11:52:16 AM »
@kreciu, it is AmigaOS3 and, in fact, it's a proof how amazing and flexible the AmigaOS3 is - even 24 years after it's initial release. But if you like installing AmigaOS from floppies, AmiKit is probably not for you. The OS installation is done by pressing Enter there ;)

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 08:06:56 PM »
3 interesting plugins have just been released for AmiKit X:

* ArtiGames - a package of 35 SDL games
* Extra Themes - a beautiful collection of 13 AmiKit themes
* Real3D - famous ray-tracing application for Amiga including Phenomena plugin

https://www.amikit.amiga.sk/store