Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmiKit X released!  (Read 6243 times)

Description:

Offline AmiKitTopic starter

AmiKit X released!
« on: May 24, 2017, 01:48:56 PM »

The 10th long-awaited version of a well-known emulation package has finally been released. Originally developed as the main operating system for A.L.I.C.E. (A Laptop Incorporating Classic Experience), it is now available for the broader audience of Windows and Mac users.

With tons of improvements and all the included programs (more than 380 now!), AmiKit X represents the most complete and up-to-date classic 68k Amiga world in a modern suit!

AmiKit X is also bringing new updates to 'killer' Amiga programs like AfA_OS, MCP, AmiStart and others. An important milestone is that new Magic User Interface 5 (MUI) is now included with a keyfile, which makes it a full version enabling all MUI apps to look beautiful in AmiKit, especially in HD or FullHD resolutions which are now supported. Dropbox and Google drive are also supported.

Overall design of AmiKit was refreshed, including new visual themes, icons and other graphics from artist Ken Lester.

For those who loved classic Amiga games (who didn't?) there is a gem included: the legendary Another World! If you prefer shoot 'em up style games instead, you will like an exclusive port of Tyrian DOS game for sure.

Watch the video trailers at YouTube channel:

The development of this edition took almost 2 years. We've done all the hard work for you so you can instantly enjoy AmigaOS3.x world at its best.

If you cannot or simply do not wish to support it by purchasing it, you can always download AmiKit 8.5 FOREVER FREE (which represents more than 10 years of development), and is available for Windows, Linux, Android and as a Portable version too.

If you purchased AmiKit 9 for Mac on 19th March or later, or if you donated to AmiKit project in the past, you're entitled to a discount.
As was traditional for good old Aminet CDs, if your software is included with AmiKit X, you are entitled to a free copy.

-----

Come visit us on the AmiKit website at www.amikit.amiga.sk
Or get in touch via Facebook or Twitter where we answer all your questions.

Thank you.

PS: Linux version is in preparation :)

Offline Dmaster

• Show only replies by Dmaster
Re: AmiKit X released!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 09:33:13 PM »
Sorry for the question but how much would 49.95 be in US dollars?  I am interested in the Windows and MAc plus flower pot combo.  Thanks.

Offline SACC-guy

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 09:38:33 PM »
Job well done! It's even better!

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 07:49:24 PM »
Quote from: Dmaster;826192
Sorry for the question but how much would 49.95 be in US dollars?  I am interested in the Windows and MAc plus flower pot combo.  Thanks.

http://www.xe.com/
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline Dmaster

• Show only replies by Dmaster
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 12:58:57 AM »
Great.  Thanks!  :)

Offline Pyromania

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 11:53:26 PM »
Looks awesome.