Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Flower Pot released  (Read 13017 times)

Description:

Offline Ancalimon

• Show only replies by Ancalimon
    • http://www.myspace.com/orhunmusic
Re: Flower Pot released
« Reply #29 from previous page: February 23, 2017, 12:54:56 AM »
Can't buy it. We no longer have paypal in Turkey.
A4000T, 604e@400&060@66, 128MB+16MB+Zorram256, CVisionPPC, VLabMotion, Toccata, XSurf100&RapidRoad, Prisma Megamix

A1200, Blizzard060@50, 256MB, Blizzard IV SCSI, FastATA mk4

Offline ne_one

• Show only replies by ne_one
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2017, 03:41:06 AM »
Quote from: AmiKit;822506
We tried, of course, look at the Support Forum. While it worked for other user with similar issue, it did not work for Acill and he asked for the refund. Simple as that.

Ok, fair enough - must be an exceptional situation.

Offline AmiKitTopic starter

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2017, 08:43:56 AM »
Quote from: Ancalimon;822596
Can't buy it. We no longer have paypal in Turkey.

Ah, Turkey. Tell me your email address (via PM) and I will send you a free link.

Offline slygon

• Show only replies by slygon
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2017, 02:50:26 AM »
I bought both of these products!  FlowerPot works perfectly on my new MacBook Pro (with touch bar)!

I am having some issues with AmiKit 9... but I think it is just something I need to figure out...

Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

-Slygon

Offline apsturk

• Show only replies by apsturk
    • http://amigaonthelake.com
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2017, 12:58:28 PM »
@slygon

I am glad to see you learning and expanding you knowledge. I like Flower Pot a great deal. I have yet to install AmiKit 9.  I am working on video showing the install process for Flower Pot.
AmigaOnTheLake.com
AmigaOne X1000 | OS4.1FE | Radeon R9 280X | 480Gb SSD | 4Gb | 27 ViewSonic VP2770|
Amiga 500 | CPU 68010| Megachip 2 meg | Kickstart 3.1 | GVP 500HD+8 ROM 4.15 8 meg fast ram | ECS Indevision | SCSI2SD 4gig | BetterWB 4.0 | CD - Zip drives and Plipbox.
Amiga 1200 | Indivision 1200 AGA MK2cr | CF 4gig | ACA 1233 55.55mhz | OS3.9 | FastATA 1200 MK-V | Rapid Road
2 MorphOS Paid for copies. Running on Mac Mini 1.5Ghz

Offline slygon

• Show only replies by slygon
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2017, 03:04:32 AM »
Nice!

The videos always help!

AmiKit 9 installs easily, but I am no expert at getting the networking, or the screen resolution figured out.... so I have more playing to do.....

-Slygon

Offline Nearly-Right

• Show only replies by Nearly-Right
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2017, 08:26:23 PM »
Is the system requirement information correct in that Flower Pot requires 8 GB of RAM to run it on a Windows XP SP3 system?

Many Windows XP SP3 systems were, like mine, based on P4 technology, and there was no option to have more than 2GB on such a 32-bit system, and in any case how much RAM should it need a PC to have to emulate 32MB? It's beyond me, in these days of technology, that modern hardware cannot emulate a retro system that had very low hardware overheads and yet a 'modern' PC has to have such fast quad-core, 8GB RAM in the hardware to be able to get the 'low-tech' superior system of the Amiga OS to function on a high-spec PC or Mac system. It's a mystery!

Also, I too use OWB on MorphOS, and the main AmiKit site is a 'blank' page, as for others, which as the site is for an emulation of Amiga, it might be good to have a more compatible main website page for more Amiga systems, as they are where many of the emulated OS users came from in the first place, aren't they?

I find it irritating that AmiKit is inaccessible for 'real' Amiga, even NG, systems, and I consider MorphOS to be one of those, as many others do too.

Offline amyren

• Show only replies by amyren
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2017, 10:34:17 PM »
Quote from: Nearly-Right;824438
Is the system requirement information correct in that Flower Pot requires 8 GB of RAM to run it on a Windows XP SP3 system?

Many Windows XP SP3 systems were, like mine, based on P4 technology, and there was no option to have more than 2GB on such a 32-bit system, and in any case how much RAM should it need a PC to have to emulate 32MB? It's beyond me, in these days of technology, that modern hardware cannot emulate a retro system that had very low hardware overheads and yet a 'modern' PC has to have such fast quad-core, 8GB RAM in the hardware to be able to get the 'low-tech' superior system of the Amiga OS to function on a high-spec PC or Mac system. It's a mystery!

Also, I too use OWB on MorphOS, and the main AmiKit site is a 'blank' page, as for others, which as the site is for an emulation of Amiga, it might be good to have a more compatible main website page for more Amiga systems, as they are where many of the emulated OS users came from in the first place, aren't they?

I find it irritating that AmiKit is inaccessible for 'real' Amiga, even NG, systems, and I consider MorphOS to be one of those, as many others do too.

I dont know where you read the 8GB requirement. It says 4GB in that windows pdf instructions  document found on the flowerpot webpage.
Besides, Flower Pot is for emulating an OS4 capable computer and not the retro computer system with 32MB ram that you mention.
If you want to emulate the retro computer version of AmiKit, you should try the free Amikit version 8. I think you will find it will run with lower requirements.

And, AmiKit is available for real amigas, although unofficially. Take a look at http://real.amiga.sk/
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 10:39:57 PM by amyren »

Offline Nearly-Right

• Show only replies by Nearly-Right
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2017, 03:25:14 AM »
That must be part of my point - if the NG Amigas were able to access a webpage that relates to the Amiga, as the documentation related to Flower Pot, has to be accessed by a web browser that is alien to the Amiga, it seems.

I saw information that stated 8GB is the threshold, but 4GB is still 2GB too much, as the most a P4 Win XP SP3 32-bit system can have on-board is 2GB in any case, so buying it to emulate a PPC based Amiga NG that might anyway, as a CyberStorm PPC A4000 system, only have 128MB system memory anyway, so it seems, at this point, to be of no interest to me, if that information is correct.