Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmiKit for Android updated!  (Read 6302 times)

Description:

Offline AmiKitTopic starter

AmiKit for Android updated!
« on: October 02, 2016, 09:04:07 AM »

Greetings, true believers! Today we are bringing an update to the ultra fast AmiKit app for Android. It makes your Amiga experience on phone or tablet even better!

The app is now faster thanks to improved JIT performance. A new transparent keyboard has been added too, together with numerous tweaks and improvements here and there. The sound works better in P96 modes now. Oh, and do you remember the audio delays in some games & demos? They are history now :)

DOWNLOAD

The 1.8.0.03 update is delivered automatically to everyone who purchased the app via Google Play Store bit.ly/AmiKit-Android

Those who purchased it for 0€ or more (thank you!) via our website, grab the new app from http://amikit.amiga.sk again. There you can also download a free desktop version for Windows, Mac and Linux as well as portable USB edition.

REQUIREMENTS

- Android 4.2+ device with ARM v7 or better CPU
- Amiga Operating System (v3.5 or 3.9 or XL or Amiga Forever)
- Amiga Kickstart ROM 3.1 file (also included with Amiga Forever or AF Essentials available on Google Play)
- Install instructions (a single page)

CREDITS

The application is based on uae4arm by TomB. Android port by Lyubomyr Lisen. AmiKit project is designed and maintained by Jan Zahurancik. Visual design, icons and other graphics by Kenneth E. Lester, Jr.

WHAT IS AMIKIT?

AmiKit is a free project, powered by enthusiasm, that turns your computer, tablet or phone into high-end Amiga Workbench! It includes more than 350 of the finest applications. More info at http://amikit.amiga.sk (HTML5 browser required).

You can also get in touch with us via Facebook, Twitter or Support Forum.

ENJOY!

Offline Paulie85

• Show only replies by Paulie85
Re: AmiKit for Android updated!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 03:30:25 PM »
Is it possible to store the Amikit HDF file on Google Drive and then direct UAE to it so that  the same Amikit environment could be shared across multiple devices?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 03:32:57 PM by Paulie85 »

Offline magnetic

• Show only replies by magnetic
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 11:22:47 PM »
The only thing I regret about having an iPhone is not being able to run this cool package.
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline AmiKitTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 08:14:06 AM »
Quote from: Paulie85;814777
Is it possible to store the Amikit HDF file on Google Drive and then direct UAE to it so that  the same Amikit environment could be shared across multiple devices?

That's a cool idea, actually! I use my desktop AmiKit like that thanks to Dropbox. The Android app loads HDF from local SD card, but it might be possible to change it in future updates. Thanks!

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 09:26:39 AM »
Quote from: magnetic;814807
The only thing I regret about having an iPhone is not being able to run this cool package.

Selling out to an evil corporate with slave labour sweatshops didn't do it? ;)

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 05:19:49 PM »
Quote from: gertsy;814832
Selling out to an evil corporate with slave labour sweatshops didn't do it? ;)

That's just "business as usual" now a days.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline amyren

• Show only replies by amyren
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 02:39:22 PM »
It looks like it uses the UAE4arm for emulation.
I get AmikIt working, but found it very ackward to use on a touchscreen.
I then connected a real mouse to my tablet, but the mouse emulation seems very buggy. Sometimes it works great, sometimes I need to press and hold LMB to be able to move the mouse. I been trying some of the settings from the menu on the startup-page.
I have installed both UAE4All and UAE4arm, as well as the AmiKit app, and they all apear to have issues with real mouse emulation.
And I have this bluetooth keyboard, it works well when typing from workbench, but I can not get it to works as a joystick in games.
Have anyone else experienced these issues?

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 05:47:25 PM »
Indirectly related, but can anyone tell me if there's an x86 version of UAE for Android that has jit CPU emulation?
I have a reasonably fast x86 android tablet, but none of the versions of UAE I've tried offer settings faster than "112mhz '020".

Fast enough that pretty much any software I've used runs quite well without skipping frames, but for Amikit a bit more performance would be nice.
Heck, I'd even settle for a "fastest possible" setting rather than being locked into 7/14/28/56/112 MHz modes.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline amyren

• Show only replies by amyren
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2017, 09:00:39 AM »
You can try to modify the config file. The app seem to support more modes than the GUI does display.
Look in /Android/data/atua.anddev.uae4all2/files/conf/uaeconfig.conf
Open this file in a text editor, you can see there are three lines like this

cpu=1
chipset=2
Cpu=-4

First cpu line is the cpu type 0=68000, 1=68020
Chipset 2 is AGA
Secobd cpu lines is frequency cpu=-0 is 7mhz, -1 is 14mhz, -2 = 28mhz, -3 = 56mhz, -4 = 112mhz...

If setting this to cpu=-5 and restarting uae4all the GUI will show nothing selected in the cpu speed area.

I just tested this on my Galaxy tab4 and sysinfo does report that the speed is indeed diubled compared to the 112mhz setting.

There is also another cpu setting in that config file,  mainMenu_cpuSpeed=600
I have not tried changing this yet, so this might have an imoact as well.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 09:28:00 AM by amyren »

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2017, 09:23:20 AM »
Thanks. I'll give it a try and check with sysspeed or similar to see if it makes a difference.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.