Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: C-A Acquisition Corp. vs. Hyperion Ent.  (Read 12900 times)

Description:

Offline Minuous

Re: C-A Acquisition Corp. vs. Hyperion Ent.
« on: November 30, 2019, 07:12:04 AM »
I don't see any reason to believe what Cloanto says. I think it much more likely that their current policy of just milking the platform for nostalgia money would continue, rather than advancing the state of the OS.

I for one would certainly not continue developing AmigaOS if Cloanto was involved.

Offline Minuous

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 09:56:08 AM »
Of course he isn't saying that. It would remain part of the OS. The rights to ReAction are owned by Hyperion not by myself.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 09:57:47 AM by Minuous »

Offline Minuous

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 03:35:10 PM »
Why should I work for free to help make profits for a company I dislike? That would not make sense.

BOOPSI gadgets are the way forward intended by Commodore. The amount of disk space used by the BOOPSI classes is minimal, it all fits on one floppy with room to spare. The alternatives are GadTools which is very limited or hack jobs like MUI.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 03:38:35 PM by Minuous »

Offline Minuous

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 11:09:35 PM »
@CBH:

Please don't mischaracterize what I said; there is a difference between continuing to make further contributions and withdrawing existing contributions, and I never said anything about the latter.

@kolla:

Treating who badly how? When I disagree about I try to stick to the issues rather than launch personal attacks, unlike yourself. You've already been banned at other sites for such.

Offline Minuous

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 02:27:49 AM »
"if cloanto win I will stop contributing to OS 3 development" is not an opinion. It is a statement, specifically of future intent, and it also fits into a subcategory of statements of intent called threats.

How ridiculous. Presumably you are not planning to do any free work for Microsoft, does that mean you are threatening them? If I volunteered at some charity for a while and then stopped would I be threatening them? I am not anyone's slave.

And I never made any claims that I was particularly important. I just pointed out that not every current AmigaOS developer would necessarily be willing to work for free for Cloanto. I don't see how that is a particularly controversial thing to point out.

Offline Minuous

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 04:45:39 PM »
@OlafS3:

An opportunity to fix OS bugs at the source rather than having to work around them in applications, for one.