Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OS4 Compiler  (Read 11269 times)

Description:

Offline Crumb

• Show only replies by Crumb
    • http://cuaz.sourceforge.net
Re: OS4 Compiler
« Reply #14 from previous page: January 10, 2003, 04:48:33 PM »
are you going to change the "#includes" system? I'm a newbie and I have lots of problems due to the f***ing includes, stubs, protos, pragmas, inlines, static libs etc... It's quite frustrating for me :-(
are you going to unify the include system so every compiler will use the same static libs and includes?
It doesn't matter if I try StormC or gcc, using fd2pragma is not enough for most of third party includes/libs, for example with amarqueze I can compile using C but if I switch the compiler to C++ it gives me tons of errors in the includes, with P96 I can compile for 68k but if I switch to ppc the same happens :-(
If fd2pragma exists why can't it be integrated in current compilers so the programmer don't have to fight against all this ####? why can't we have a unified include system?
Ok, I'm not an experienced programmer, but I think that many people doesn't code for AmigaOS due to this, If I try to code for AmigaOS I end up frustrated because I know how to do most of things, the code is right, but everything fails due to the damn includes.
Ok, so we have fd2inline also... for me it's something like fd2pragma: millions of options.
AFAIK People don't have these problems with different assemblers, so why should this happen with C/C++?
Sorry for my complains, but this is the only problem I have with AmigaOS. When the include works I haven't problems. I made p96 work and I've got no problems apart from not being able to compile for ppc :-(
And we also have gcc, how can I compile for MorphOS/Amithlon/AmigaOS using the same gcc installation?
pfff sorry I feel quite frustrated today :-(
The only spanish amiga news web page/club: Club de Usuarios de Amiga de Zaragoza (CUAZ)

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2003, 06:41:10 PM »
We are using both gcc 2.95.3 and gcc 3.2. gcc 3.2 only exists as a cross compiler on Linux ATM, though. If you're using gcc, chances are that your code will compile and run out-of-the-box on OS 4 (minus new features of course).
Ok, sounds great, thanks for the info.

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2003, 06:45:58 PM »
Does anyone know if Blitz will return, or have they abandoned us completely?
All I know is that it currently is win-only. Blitz3D seems to be quite popular and is based around DirectX ((or maybe OpenGL?) if I am not totally out in the blue?) so it looks kinda dark. But who knows...

Offline trgse

• Show only replies by trgse
    • http://hem.fyristorg.com/TRG/
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2003, 08:42:25 PM »
Blitz is still available on the amiga and still developed
for the amiga

it's called AmiBlitz now and there is a mailing-list
and a homepage for it at

http://blitz2000.gazchap.com/

btw. PC-Blitz 3D support isn't very good.
a mini-gl/warp3d blitz lib for amiga-blitz would probably
blow it out of the water.
MacOS X rulez!

Quad Mac Rulez!

Offline Doobrey

• Show only replies by Doobrey
    • http://www.doobreynet.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2003, 08:57:49 PM »

trgse wrote:
Blitz is still available on the amiga and still developed
for the amiga...it's called AmiBlitz now

Yup, and a great job Bernd Roesch is doing on it too..regular updates and bugfixes.

Unfortunately, a while back Bernd said he had no plans to buy an AmigaOne or PegasOS :-( so I guess it`ll stay 68k only.

Maybe Amiga Inc could donate a machine to Bernd and give OS4 a boost in the many small apps people have created in Blitz over the years..
On schedule, and suing

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2003, 11:25:51 PM »
Unfortunately, a while back Bernd said he had no plans to buy an AmigaOne or PegasOS so I guess it`ll stay 68k only.
I have not followed on the progress of OS4/A1 but what was said about 68k emulation in that topic, if anything?
Maybe Amiga Inc could donate a machine to Bernd and give OS4 a boost in the many small apps people have created in Blitz over the years.
Donate when they can't even ship some t-shirts? ;-)