Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Suggestions for programs to use on real amiga to code  (Read 5812 times)

Description:

Offline Thorham

• Show only replies by Thorham
Re: Suggestions for programs to use on real amiga to code
« Reply #29 from previous page: December 20, 2013, 03:32:53 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;754794
This is a good place to start:

http://coppershade.org/

They would need to choose if they want to start with hardware programming or OS programming. In my opinion it's better to start with the OS. It's easier, especially for things like simple 'Hello world!' programs that you want to start with.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2013, 06:45:11 PM »
Quote from: Thorham;754796
They would need to choose if they want to start with hardware programming or OS programming. In my opinion it's better to start with the OS. It's easier, especially for things like simple 'Hello world!' programs that you want to start with.

OS coding in assembly is much less fun though. :)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline Thorham

• Show only replies by Thorham
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2013, 10:07:30 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;754802
OS coding in assembly is much less fun though. :)
That's a matter of taste :)

Offline superfrog76Topic starter

• Show only replies by superfrog76
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2014, 12:18:50 AM »
Sorry for the late reply; had totally a ton of stuff that took my time (oh, babies); and now I am getting back to norm (or trying to :P)

I didn't try yet these applications, but I will as soon as humanly possible (the main issue is time, and that when I am up, the brain is not :P ); I think I will go for SASC for the moment; and see how much I start to hate myself and my life, while using  it :)

BTW I am going for OS programming for now; never did HW programming before, other than working with sensors via I2C, so I don't think that I can tackle that aspect of the Amiga yet...until I grasp well ASM :)