Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Registering Interest for AmigaOne X1000  (Read 12644 times)

Description:

Offline drHirudo

• Show all replies
    • http://hirudov.com
Re: Registering Interest for AmigaOne X1000
« on: April 02, 2012, 10:38:10 AM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;686511
This much:

PowerMac doesn't run AmigaOS ---> Not interested.
PowerBooks and G5 Macs don't run AmigaOS alike OSes either ---> Fail.

ʎɐʍɐ ʞɔnɟ oƃ

Offline drHirudo

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 02:40:38 PM »
Haha, it's always the same on Amiga dot org.

Thread about AmigaOS 4 software/hardware news appears, it's gets polluted very fast with MOS/Mac propaganda and derail in off-topic in no time.

This is not Vintage Mac forum. It's Amiga forum for discussing Amiga hardware/clones - Amiga 500, 1000, 1200, 4000, Minimig, Draco, AmigaOne, Sam etc., i.e. vintage and new machines.

Okay, to keep the tradition of going off topic - I am still waiting for my PowerBook to be able to run MOS.

Nobody wrote drivers for it yet? Maybe somebody can start a bounty to get the drivers written and MOS 3 out!

Offline drHirudo

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 08:35:57 PM »
Quote from: itix;686623
None of my business. AmigaKit is selling and advertising AmigaOne here. Someone asks what it does, what it costs, whatever and we answer. Yup, tmhgm loves MorphOS, is evangelising here but you dont have to feel so insecure whenever MorphOS is mentioned on this site. Maybe annoying to you sometimes but the best counter argument is facts.

Oh, well, I get it now. The fact that there are still businesses in Amiga land that SELL something, annoys the MOS fanboys, because there is not a single business left, dealing with the amateur wanna-be OS called MOS. So they feel the need to pollute every thread and raise their arguments about the PowerMacs, how they are fast, reliable, cheap, easy to replace and so on.

Well, my Sony Vaio can emulate classic Amiga much better and more faster than the Minimig, but I don't post in Minimig related threads about that fact.

The same for the Turbo Chameleon 64. For the price it costs you can buy complete machine with monitor and have money left for beer. But I don't post in Chameleon related threads either.

The Minimig and the Chameleon are nice little devices that do well what they are built for. Even if relatively expensive, they are cool, they are excellent purchases for the people who are enjoying their hobby and that is more important, than buying 30 crap macs that you will not find a good use for.

Offline drHirudo

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 09:08:02 PM »
Quote from: Iggy;686640
you don't like Macs and MorphOS.

Wrong. I have a Mac and I want it to be able to run MOS. It's not my fault that MOS is not available for PowerBooks. MacOS X runs on it.

Its funny, as a MorphOS user I can still exchange pleasant messages with OS4 developer Steve Solie,

I exchange messages with devepers for MOS, AmigaOS 4, IOS, VIC-20 etc... They have nothing against me for using AmigaOS 4, neither do I have anything against them for not using AmigaOS 4.
As we still have plenty of Pegasos machines available on the used market and have the advantage of being able to use low cost hardware from Apple I'm not particularly worried about not having new hardware.

Well, I prefer new hardware over old. I can not replace my old Mac, but on other hand I replaced my Dell Laptop with Sony laptop, because the Dell began overheating and freezing. Now I can sport on i7-2670QM that beats every PowerMac available, performance-wise. But that's not stopping me working on my AmigaOne. One month ago I had trouble with my microAmiga though. I had to replace the battery, after seven years of usage :(
In fact in some benchmarks, my ten year old Powermac outperforms an X1000.
In others its not far behind.

In fact my AmigaOne outperforms the Turbo Chameleon 64. Your point being?

Offline drHirudo

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 03:11:36 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;686777
i.e. a system with roughly the same performance, running an OS with more and better features, better Amiga compatibility, higher stability, etc, for 1/30th of the asking price in the original post.

Either you are VERY BAD at mathematics or you talk about MacOS X, which comes for free with PowerMacs.

According to MorphOS Help Desk, MorphOS keyfile is currently available at an price of 111.11 EUR (includes 19% VAT).
Googling todays (as Piru loves to use Google) EUR/USD conversion - 111.11 Euros = 147.94 USD.

So with 3000 USD, you can buy - 3000/147,94 - 20,27 MOS licenses (assuming you get the hardware for free).

So, your arithmetics are wrong and fabricated as usual, but this is nothing new in the MOS propaganda that floods the site all day long.

With X1000 you receive bundled copy of AmigaOS 4.1 - worth 124.95 Euro including VAT, and you are entitled for free copy of AmigaOS 4.2 when it arrives.
On top of that AmigaOS 4.1 comes in professional made box on labeled CD (something called collector's item for people like me who have all public AmigaOS versions on original disks, along with manuals, so it's worth for me).

Offline drHirudo

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 03:49:43 PM »
Quote from: Fab;686806
snip

Haha, this thread wouldn't have been complete if Fab didn't join talking about the OWB and how advanced it is.

I hope OWB is not the reason for MorphOS 3 not being out yet.

Just like TimberWolf is not the reason for AmigaOS 4.2 is not out yet.