Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hey SCO, sue me! Petition online now  (Read 5617 times)

Description:

Offline mpdox

• Show all replies
    • http://mpdox.sytes.net
Re: Hey SCO, sue me! Petition online now
« on: May 18, 2003, 08:12:22 PM »
I think linux must die!!! The sooner the better for all of us...
Finally, I see some actions against this plague of computers...
\\"I can answer the question, but am I bright enough to ask it?\\"

Offline mpdox

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2003, 08:24:30 PM »

Tomas wrote:

mpdox wrote:
I think linux must die!!! The sooner the better for all of us...
Finally, I see some actions against this plague of computers...

I really hope you are joking....

Unfortunatelly, no...
There was never an innovation brought in from linux world regarding computers (software or hardware). The linux fanatics only know to bash microsoft and make noise... That's all they do, all day long.
And of course, immediately I say something like this, you'll see here soon enough, all the posts here will be against microsoft (I have a lot of anger against microsoft myself, but that's different). Because that's all that this so-called operating system can produce. Innovate something? Make a software that is not a copy of something already in the market? No way. But noise? Oh, yeah, you'll see...

Offline mpdox

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2003, 08:40:47 PM »

Tomas wrote:
Just cause some linux users is lamers, dosent mean the operative system sucks...

Why i run linux, is cause its free and stable compared to windows. Everything i need for it is free... mail server, web server, office applications and so on.. Ontop of this, it runs faster on my hardware... works fine even with as little as 64megs of ram..  :-)

I do also have one computer running windows, cause of my gaming needs and dvb/capturing needs...

Ok, I must admit, maybe if more linux users will be like you, I wouln't have so much against it...

But again I have to ask, my motives for being against linux is that there is no innovation from linux coming, and I love computers (loong way since I had my sinclair spectrum) so I want to see them advancing. How is linux helping me in this matter? I want to see a computer like in star trek during my lifetime, damn it... The fact that linux is running with 64 mb of ram means exactly nothing, sorry. I have 512...
You know, my sinclair had 48 k of ram, and it booted in about two seconds... For sure, it is the most advanced computer in the world...

Offline mpdox

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2003, 08:49:20 PM »

nOMAAM wrote:
Call me stupid ... but what is the SCO ??

I'm not sure my memory serves me right, but I think they own Unix - yes, intelectual property or something - (back from the days SCO was Caldera) and they want to make some money out of these rights... It's stupid and useless, but we're living in a strange world anyway. Back to the topic, some poeple suspect that microsoft is behind this, and I don't think I would be surprised to find out that it is true :-)

Offline mpdox

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2003, 09:04:18 PM »

Bullshit!
Microsoft and their non working spying OS must die.

Yes, linux users, in defending your operating system (monolithic design in the nineties, who would be that stupid?) do what you do best, bash microsoft for all your fears and failures...
You know, that fact that I don't like linux, doesn't mean that immediately you have to tell me "that stupid xp is crashing every minute". You can do better, I'm sure...
But I think I know where this is going anyway, too bad...

Offline mpdox

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2003, 09:12:10 PM »

Thats funny i had a zx spectrum 48k it never booted because it had no hard drive it came on and you could use basic in 2 seconds yes but games took 5 to 10 minutes to load>? :-o

I can't believe it... Next message you'll tell me, "oh, and I forgot, the sinclair had low resolution and such stupid sound"... I was trying to make a point about the low-end hardware in the 21th century. I need an OS that takes advantage of my hardware TODAY, not to start xwindows and transform my P4 into a 386...

But still, about my sinclair, those were fun times, you can't disagree...  :-D

Offline mpdox

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2003, 10:17:10 PM »

Tomas wrote:
hehe mpdox... i guess its a long time since you used linux.. It has come a long way for the last couple of years... For example... UT2003 runs actually better on linux here, than on win2k...

It still could be more userfriendly though..

Last time I remember it was 1999... I was fighing with ipfwadm and squid back then. Man, that squid crashed a lot...
By the way what is used as a proxy now usually? And for firewall rules?

Offline mpdox

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2003, 06:21:14 PM »

Sure, Linux is a copy of something else and originaly started as joke/programming exercise. So what. Today it's the only freely available alternative to M$ stuff. There are even apps for it. I'd say it's definitely an overkill for a personal workstation, but all that's not a reason to demand its extermination. It's not hurting anyone and you're quite free to stop bitching and write something sooo much better. Your attitude's quite nazi.

sigh... I don't think you understand exactly why I hate linux. One of the reasons is the linux fanatics... What has Microsoft to do with anything? The minute I say something about linux, the reaction is exactly the same: M$ stuff... Every time. I called a friend (linux fanatic himself), who was in a bus, and he told me the bus is moving slow, is too hot, for sure is Microsoft's fault). I just called to ask him if he wants to have a drink, but could he escape his linux fanatism? You have no idea how many people are like this.
There are applications for Linux? Yes, there are millions of text editors, mail clients etc... I think I'll do a YAVI myself (Yet Another VI), just to show people how many applications are for linux... Ok, I didn't use linux in more than three years, so my informations are outdated. But I still meet linux fanatics every day, exactly like three years ago. I'm sure, tough, there are very fine and nice applications for it anyway, so my apologies for being ignorant in this field.
In the meantime, I'm enjoying Windows 2000, Visual C++ (I make money with it and it's also fun), DirectX, Internet Explorer, Windows Update, System restore, Terminal Services, really nice Cleartype technology for my 17'' NEC LCD monitor, MS Office, support for every hardware device I would buy, ever. Should I continue? I can't wait to buy a Tablet PC in the near future, so computing will be fun anywhere I go. Yeah, those Microsoft bastards, it's so crazy to run their products...
Linux is the only alternative to Microsoft? How about Solaris or *BSD? How about MacOS X? These are alternatives, not a monolithic design for the kernel, or programs that are only poor made copies of a copy of a copy...
And for you, I am a nazi... You know, when communism came to power in Romania in 1945, they had a tactic to put every enemy of the "superior" communist party in jail. They called the enemy a nazi and that was all... I wonder who was the true enemy of the country back then, the "good" and "beautiful" communism, or the so-called nazi?
So, I'm not bitching about anything. I just don't like something and I say it, what's the problem? Or, suddenly I have to like what you like just because you don't agree with me? Use what you want, let me use what I want and that's all, the world is big enough for all of us. The only difference seems to be that I respect your opinions, but you call a nazi whoever is not a communist...

PS I hate Microsoft myself for some reasons like: Trustworthy computing (this is number one ever in my list), business tactics, monopol industry, killing  OS/2 and home-computing market... But at least I give them the respect for creating a lot of things, and always pushing forward the computer industry, instead of living in 70s forever...

Offline mpdox

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2003, 06:34:51 PM »

I have had my Amiga's for nigh on 15 years now, and I have NEVER had to format a hard drive because the OS keeps causing problems, yet this is ACCEPTED practice on Windows systems.

The same thing I see everywhere... Seems that people never heard of NTFS, they install the latest Windows XP using FAT32... And after having problems (how could you not have problems with a file system designed in 1983 for floppies if used on 200 GB hard disks?), "hei, Microsoft is so stupid, I never had to format my harddrive using my Amiga"...

But ok, I'm tired of these things.
For me, this discussion is over, it never lead anywhere. Seems that all that linux users now about Microsoft is the FAT file system and Windows 95/98 as OS.
I think it's like in Dostoievski's characters, happiness through suffering, this is the best what linux can do...

Offline mpdox

• Show all replies
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2003, 11:29:54 PM »

However, you should realise that loudly proclaiming you want to see the OS die puts you on the same par as the Linux fanboys you so despise.

I have to admit, my first statement wasn't mature at all... Just an example, linux is used more and more nowadays in embedded systems like video recorders and so on, and it's doing a very good job from what I hear from some of the friends working with it... So, my mistake, sorry.
It's just that... linux people are too arrogant for my taste. They tell me, "hei, I know how to save from vi, I know to use fdisk and set up a dial-up connection, I'm so smart and Microsoft is so stupid". Well, guess what, I know those things too and it's not a big deal at all. I don't know if you understand what I'm trying to say, but it's what you do with the computer what matters, not HOW you do it...
About Microsoft's innovation, there were times when I thought it's the worst in the world. Selling Windows 95 when Pentium Pro (a real 32 bit processor) was out there was so bad for what I wanted... But ok, finally they're only pushing NT now on the market, which (in my opinion) is indeed a good operating system. Anyway, we'll see what happens, I don't think I like too many things in Longhorn anyway...