Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wow! C-USA's first commercial.  (Read 24967 times)

Description:

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
Re: Wow! C-USA's first commercial.
« Reply #149 from previous page: April 06, 2011, 02:01:09 AM »
At $300 I might buy it as a gag, but the thing is going to be so difficult to type on that $600 is way too much for a gag.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline digitex

• Show only replies by digitex
« Reply #150 on: April 06, 2011, 02:03:33 AM »
Quote from: Digiman;628762
Still have no idea how my friend did the C64DTV design and still got it into such a low budget price point. She is a genius, a retro genius indeed!

She's more than a genius. Spoke to Jeri 2 weeks ago, and what a story that is. And the best part is....... the story isn't over yet!!
:)

Offline mongo

• Show only replies by mongo
« Reply #151 on: April 06, 2011, 02:14:22 AM »
Quote from: digitex;628745
Now Steven, why not tell us all about yourself, so I can have the opportunity to examine and comment incorrectly about every facet of your life?  I would really love to know what you do for a living...and see some of your work product. How about telling us all about your lifetime achievements...I'm sure there is something there that I would enjoy  ripping apart. What's that?  hmmmm, no reply??? C'mon, fair is fair...I don't hide behind an avatar like all of you (with some exceptions). You all know my number..my e-mail etc. It's so easy for all you to type these disgusting comments, knowing that you're hidden in your little life, behind a keyboard. Try saying these things in real life...to my face..or anyone else's, for that matter. You never would...or could.

anybody else?

You gonna beat him up at recess?

You really need to have a PR person doing your talking for you, because almost every time you talk you come across as being incredibly unprofessional and kind of an -=Moderated=-. It doesn't reflect well on your business.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 05:24:10 AM by Argo »

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #152 on: April 06, 2011, 03:36:13 AM »
Quote from: Karlos;628695
What purge? People have left of their own accord, nobody has been banned - which given the tone of some of the recent threads is a small miracle. Personally, I'd much rather people stay.

Let me tell you, it'll take some hell of a purge to shift my a*se from the site.

I might not be as vocal about it as some, but I'm not particularly impressed with CUSA so far either. I do have to give them credit for bringing a product to market and securing what seems to be some decent advertising, but the C64x is certainly not something I'd be inclined buy. Nor are any of the other systems currently mentioned on their website. Furthermore, their bad first impressions have stuck for me, particularly the dodgy website, "borrowing" other people's artwork and so on. However, I suspect they care about my disdain for all that as much as I do for their opinion.

The ragequit mentality of certain people here over this episode is disappointing. I honestly thought that most people that react like that would have done so already at some point. It isn't as if the community has never experienced frisson like it before.

Glad to hear it.  You're right, we're giving them far too much attention and some people thrive on it (usually ones with a small penis).  :D
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #153 on: April 06, 2011, 03:37:07 AM »
Quote from: digitex;628745
anybody else?

Yeah, me.  Bring it on little man.  Of course, I'm sure you'll be cowering behind a lawyer.

God, as a spokesman you're pathetic.  Better leave it to Dammy.
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #154 on: April 06, 2011, 04:04:33 AM »
Quote from: Kremlar;628591
Commodore USA is banking that people will pay a premium for that.  Will they?  I think some will.  We'll find out.

Heck, if some people are willing to pay a much bigger premium for sub-standard, slow hardware based on an obsolete platform just to run an obscure OS that is incompatible with the vast majority of software and hardware out there... perhaps Commodore USA has a chance!

So, why do some people want them to go? Going by what members here have described other companies and products in our little Amiga market, it sounds like they fit right in.

Really though, do the retro Atari users bitch this much about Atari?

Offline Argo

« Reply #155 on: April 06, 2011, 04:07:02 AM »
Quote from: Franko;628598
-moderated-

Franko, franko, franko.... sigh.

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #156 on: April 06, 2011, 04:24:26 AM »
Quote from: Darrin;628795
Yeah, me.  Bring it on little man.  Of course, I'm sure you'll be cowering behind a lawyer.

God, as a spokesman you're pathetic.  Better leave it to Dammy.

@Darrin
And you were wondering why Barry gets nasty? How would you respond if this was directed at you:confused:
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline IggyTopic starter

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #157 on: April 06, 2011, 04:28:20 AM »
Quote from: persia;628767
At $300 I might buy it as a gag, but the thing is going to be so difficult to type on that $600 is way too much for a gag.

$300 is definitely on the low side. Even I don't think they should go that low. While it is an Intel Atom, its the highest performing Atom tied to an Nvidia GPU.
From the systems I've previously compared a $400 to $450 price might be more realistic.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #158 on: April 06, 2011, 04:42:21 AM »
Quote from: digitex;628768
She's more than a genius. Spoke to Jeri 2 weeks ago, and what a story that is. And the best part is....... the story isn't over yet!!
:)

:banana:
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline haywirepc

• Show only replies by haywirepc
« Reply #159 on: April 06, 2011, 04:59:42 AM »
Its regrettable that their ceo wants to attack me for asking valid questions. So far, his "company" has been caught in so many lies, half truths and deceptions, I'm not sure why he's suprised when people question him about things now.

If they didn't have such a bad track record of stealing graphics, announcing then cancelling products and so on people would not question
what they say, slapping stickers on existing computers and renaming them and so on.

The least they can expect is people questioning what they do.

I'm looking forward to seeing 30 million dollars worth of advertising.
I'm looking forward to seeing all these new computers they have announced, especially the ones that will actually require assembly
instead of just slapping stickers on exciting products.

I'm actually ooking forward to seeing commodore os 1.0

An interesting sidenote, I already own a "vic slim", which I got from the real manufacturer. It is a great little computer, really, but I suggest that you get it direct from the real manufacturer at 119.95$ instead of paying 400$ for it with a commodore sticker slapped on it. Thats quite a markup for a sticker.

Nuff said.

Steven

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #160 on: April 06, 2011, 05:01:50 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;628824
$300 is definitely on the low side. Even I don't think they should go that low. While it is an Intel Atom, its the highest performing Atom tied to an Nvidia GPU.
From the systems I've previously compared a $400 to $450 price might be more realistic.

While they could lower the cost with AMD Fusion (zacate should be out next month), you have to factor in beyond the components, like assemble fees, insurance,  end user tech support, marketing, and then profit for not only for C=USA but for the retailers selling the C64x as well that goes into figuring a MSRP and a MAP.  There are just so many hands in the pie, that profit is whittled down to nothing, then the US government takes it's 38.5% and whatever the state charges for corp taxes.  

Considering this is a start up and a quick production timeline, the prices are within reason.  I'm sure Leo will be working on cost reduction for production over the Summer (well, Winter for him).
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline digitex

• Show only replies by digitex
« Reply #161 on: April 06, 2011, 05:04:11 AM »
Quote from: haywirepc;628846
Its regrettable that their ceo wants to attack me for asking valid questions. So far, his "company" has been caught in so many lies, half truths and deceptions, I'm not sure why he's suprised when people question him about things now.

If they didn't have such a bad track record of stealing graphics, announcing then cancelling products and so on people would not question
what they say, slapping stickers on existing computers and renaming them and so on.

The least they can expect is people questioning what they do.

I'm looking forward to seeing 30 million dollars worth of advertising.
I'm looking forward to seeing all these new computers they have announced, especially the ones that will actually require assembly
instead of just slapping stickers on exciting products.

I'm actually ooking forward to seeing commodore os 1.0

An interesting sidenote, I already own a "vic slim", which I got from the real manufacturer. It is a great little computer, really, but I suggest that you get it direct from the real manufacturer at 119.95$ instead of paying 400$ for it with a commodore sticker slapped on it. Thats quite a markup for a sticker.

Nuff said.

Steven

You are such a pathetic liar. I'll buy 10,000 of them right now from you for that price. Why would you say such insane things that are so easily shown as lies. Do get pleasure from saying things just to see the reaction from people here who don;t know any better?

Offline IggyTopic starter

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #162 on: April 06, 2011, 05:13:02 AM »
Quote from: digitex;628848
You are such a pathetic liar. I'll buy 10,000 of them right now from you for that price. Why would you say such insane things that are so easily shown as lies. Do get pleasure from saying things just to see the reaction from people here who don;t know any better?

Absolutely! Under $120 dollars? Obviously the poster intended to insult everyone's intelligence.

Quote from: dammy;628847
While they could lower the cost with AMD Fusion  (zacate should be out next month), you have to factor in beyond the  components, like assemble fees, insurance,  end user tech support,  marketing, and then profit for not only for C=USA but for the retailers  selling the C64x as well that goes into figuring a MSRP and a MAP.   There are just so many hands in the pie, that profit is whittled down to  nothing, then the US government takes it's 38.5% and whatever the state  charges for corp taxes.  

Considering this is a start up and a quick production timeline, the  prices are within reason.  I'm sure Leo will be working on cost  reduction for production over the Summer (well, Winter for him).

The comparisons I've made so far are only based on hardware specs and in no way relate to the market realities or scales of production that each company faces.
Further, if you'd followed my original post, the comparisons were based on utility.
Obviously the C64x does have some appeal that goes beyond its utility.

Those comparisons are only really valid if you're looking for a computing appliance.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #163 on: April 06, 2011, 05:13:34 AM »
(Quick RED moderate this one... Oh sorry... forgot... you cant anymore... ;))
-=Moderation Removed=-
-=User Banned=-

Stay out of the CUSA topics and don't start any.

See you in three days, Franko
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 05:39:16 AM by Argo »

Offline Argo

« Reply #164 on: April 06, 2011, 05:18:57 AM »
Quote from: Karlos;628701
Not a good fit for the breadbox case though. Imagine the cooling problems...

I'm imagining the melting case problems!!!