Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New ppc board by Acube/A-Eon: A1222 "Tabor"  (Read 48812 times)

Description:

Offline kamelito

Re: New ppc board by Acube/A-Eon: A1222 "Tabor"
« on: September 09, 2016, 01:38:48 PM »
Quote from: JimmiG;813672
From what I understand the board itself has been available to beta testers for at least 9 months. It's the AmigaOS port that's taking so long.

The slow pace of development really gives you second thoughts about investing into something like this. What about new drivers and updates down the road?

Still, if it ends up priced less than the Sam460CR and availability is good enough that you can actually buy one, then it might attract a few users. As a secondary system and a "gateway" to AmigaOS, absolute performance isn't critical. Price and availability will be more important.

I would buy one if it's around the 500€ or less of course :hammer:

Offline kamelito

Re: New ppc board by Acube/A-Eon: A1222 "Tabor"
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 08:42:36 PM »
Quote from: psxphill;815435
Because they say they are selling it at cost, so they aren't making money on it. This means there isn't going to be money available to invest in pushing down the cost. To me it would seem more logical to let the market compete for the business.

Of course if nobody is interested in competing then it's a moot point. But as it runs Linux then there is a market outside of AmigaOS, if it can be made cheap enough. Which at the current price it isn't cheap enough.

This is the only choice left, try to sell an AmigaOne as cheap as possible in the hope that Amigans will buy software. I suppose that their Store is working well, so the more AmigaOne users the more they expect to sell software.
Software will be the driving force here not HW. They could also sell to 68k users being under emulation, Amiga or FPGA.
It is the best thing they can do IMO.
Kamelito

Offline kamelito

USB 3
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 12:34:31 PM »