Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The absolute worst commercial game for Amiga?  (Read 7928 times)

Description:

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
Re: The absolute worst commercial game for Amiga?
« on: September 16, 2011, 09:51:06 PM »
About 75% of them were technically beneath the OCS abilities IMHO.

Arcade conversions except simple games like Rainbow Islands etc were comically bad.

Powerdrift/Outrun/Outrun Turbo/Chase HQ are all only useful for scooping up dog turds.

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 10:16:47 AM »
Quote from: B00tDisk;659625
This.

Nothing ground my gears more than seeing straight EGA ports of games that the Amiga should have swallowed and had rattling around inside it.  

For me the worst game I actually paid money for was Hillsfar (an allegedly AD&D based game).

The obvious Atari ST 68000 code + Amiga sampled sound routine made my blood boil too. Just reading the programming diary for Power Drift said it all.

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 10:23:15 AM »
Quote from: OldB0y;659685
Your kidding right? EA were responsible for publishing a lot of great Amiga games, some of which had no copy protection at all!  I know EA got a bad rep particularly in the PS2 Era, but in the Amiga days most of their stuff was pretty good. Even their console conversions like Desert Strike and Road Rash were good, when a lot of other developers/publishers did some really shoddy ports to the Amiga.  

Anyway, back with the plot, Im picking the all time classic worst Amiga game - 'Rise of the Robots' - utter ****e, even the ports of Strider and Outrun weren't this bad!

Rise of the Robots = crap game design so not conversion teams fault.
Outrun = crap programming for conversion (Amiga game should have looked like the Megadrive/Genesis version....Lotus II is proof)

PS Syndicate was coded for Amiga first?

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 01:47:42 PM »
Quote from: OldB0y;659696
Erm the original topic is 'absolute worst commercial game for Amiga' - In my opinion, Rise of the Robots fits this description - even if it was a pixel perfect port from another platform - i.e.. its still s**t

Amiga Outrun, although not great is still better than Rise of the Robots, at least its reasonably playable. I'm pretty sure it also came out before the Megadrive version.  Also, there are far worse Sega coin-op conversions for the Amiga than this.

Was just giving an insight to why I think those games are the worst for me. There is no right or wrong answer at this general  level of crapness :)

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 03:16:31 PM »
Gridstart by ANCO is another one, really horrible and the graphics look worse than my first attempts on Neochrome on the ST in 1986 :)

It's on youtube...I recorded it heh