Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AROS and emulation  (Read 819 times)

Description:

Offline GaidhealTopic starter

• Show only replies by Gaidheal
AROS and emulation
« on: July 10, 2003, 02:59:47 AM »
OK, decided I might as well make a post here on this topic, since it is now relevant to this forum.

I shall be starting work on the "seamless legacy Amiga emulation" that is to be integrated into AROS.  Code should be appearing on my hard drive over the next couple of days, and on the CVS repository in a matter of weeks, likely (as the initial code will just be test algorithms not actual 'project' code for AROS).

See the emulation forum for the thread leading to this point and discussing features, or join the developers for AROS and see the Spec sheet when it appears (next day or so, I promise!) on the list.  The latter will obviously be more definitive.

In essence though, the aim is seamless emulation of "OS legal" applications and working, high performance but fullscreen emulation of "naughty" (i.e. direct hardware addressing) applications.  I intend to implement every Amiga model released for the UK "cycle exactly".  Which is ambitious.. but people never made it to the moon aiming for the next village over.. :¬)

Anyone who wishes to help should either join the AROS developement team and specify their interest in this aspect and/or contact me.
[color=3300FF]Gaidheal[/color][/b][color=0066CC] - \\"The Emulator Guy\\"[/color][/i]

Offline T_Bone

• Show only replies by T_Bone
    • http://www.amiga.org/userinfo.php?uid=1961
Re: AROS and emulation
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 05:12:07 AM »
tight!
this space for rent