Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Since when were Amigas worth this kind of money?  (Read 3348 times)

Description:

Offline save2600

• Show all replies
Re: Since when were Amigas worth this kind of money?
« on: January 29, 2010, 03:04:50 PM »
Almost at a loss for words... Nishtek is and has been a reputable dealer, but you guys think there was some shill bidding going on? $1275 for a barebones (albeit clean) A4000 is utterly fantastic (trying to be diplomatic here). Just wonder if the caps prone to failure on the 040 board AND the audio output were replaced. That could drive the cost up some, but yikes. Other thing I noticed was the $8 shipping charge. I swear, there's a lot of goofy ePayer's that live for cheap or free shipping. More often than not, people will NOT bid a product up if the shipping is high. As if they have a boner or a care in the world ePay is not getting a cut of that. In other words, I've seen and placed auctions where I didn't make squat on the item and didn't even make up for it in the shipping. Sell a similar item with free/cheap shipping and people bid it up like crazy. It's just plain stupid some of the behaviors we witness on ePay.

And yeah, that full ST system doesn't even compare to the cost of this A4000. I have a similar setup (520, disk drive and monitor) all boxed (mint condition, but no manuals) if anyone wants it. I'd like to see $100 for the thing plus shipping. Yeah, right. Who's gonna wanna pay to have an ST system shipped to 'em?! Atari ST equipment are like most magazines: not worth the cost of shipping!  :lol:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 03:09:33 PM by save2600 »