Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Trying to install Amix in WinUAE  (Read 4075 times)

Description:

Offline Noth

• Show only replies by Noth
Re: Trying to install Amix in WinUAE
« Reply #14 from previous page: August 07, 2013, 03:31:35 PM »
Quote from: Failure;743922
It's just a shell script actually, so it's installed the same way as the patch disk: sh /dev/dsk/fd0 *edit* Or rather, since you're on WinUAE just sh on the disk image file.

Right I'll give that a try.

Hmm, with the patch disk itself??  I don't recall having that issue but it's been a while.  The hostname I used definitely wasn't "amix."

with the fixdisk you have to apply before applying the 2.1c patch disk.

Offline Failure

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Failure
    • http://awhitlock.net/
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2013, 07:39:52 PM »
Quote from: Noth;743935
with the fixdisk you have to apply before applying the 2.1c patch disk.

Ah, I haven't actually had to use that yet.  But I will once I try it on WinUAE, it should be possible to extract the script and modify it to just use something out of the uname output.
You can\'t spell evil without "vi"
AMIX Wiki | AmixBP

Offline Noth

• Show only replies by Noth
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 07:17:15 PM »
Ah, I haven't actually had to use that yet. But I will once I try it on WinUAE, it should be possible to extract the script and modify it to just use something out of the uname output.

Ok I'll try and extract it too, I'm sure it's easy to fix. Next question, I've tried tape installs of 2.01, 2.03 & 2.1 and none of them complete properly (still in WinUAE 2.7b6). The install scripts seem a bit dumb, 2.1 in particular can't even work out where to get the List file from (each tape archive has its packages named differently, 2.01 has name.cpio, 2.03 has xy.cpio, and 2.1 has xy, with a text file with names in it). Could you perhaps do a md5 or similar of your archives on the site? We're wondering on the eab.abime.net forum (where one of the WinUAE devs is) if they're not corrupted somehow... maybe after your site had some issues? Just to be sure, then we can concentrate on the WinUAE side of things. Another problem is some cpio packages are gzipped but don't have a gzip extension, which doesn't help... It'd be really cool if you could check please! :)