Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Icaros Desktop 1.3  (Read 10057 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: Icaros Desktop 1.3
« on: November 19, 2011, 12:46:10 AM »
Quote from: EDanaII;645908
I suppose that depends on what he produces and what he wants for it. :) Sadly, I wouldn't pay too much, but only because I don't know how much I'd use it. Definitely like to have it, though. That's part of my frustration with the state of Amiga Land, the lack of really good programming tools. I'd love to have Java or Mono, for example...

Porting something like JamVM would be relatively simple, but it's the huge class libraries that make it a difficult task to have a full Java stack on Amiga OS's.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 03:05:32 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;668429
I have a pathological (probably unjustified) hatred of Java... Do we really really need it? (yes I know I have two apps open right now that are built with Java... Cyberduck and Arduino... I'm so conflicted)

I'm not the world's greatest fan of Java myself, but it's much closer to C++ than Obj-C is, which makes it better for me.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 01:59:56 PM »
Now this JVM should run on Amiga NG systems right now. :)

http://developers.slashdot.org/story/11/11/21/0454254/javascript-jvm-runs-java