Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: EFIKA-MX New Pricing In Effect  (Read 5177 times)

Description:

Offline Bodie_CI5

• Show all replies
Re: EFIKA-MX New Pricing In Effect
« on: February 27, 2011, 09:40:03 AM »
Quote from: Hattig;618143
That's pretty good, although it's a shame it's still a Cortex A8, the rest of the features look good. If they can hit the same $199 price for the SmartBook, and $99 for the nettop, that would be great.

Coupled with (from the FAQ):

Note that the Efika MX Smartbook does not include wired networking capability, although software support for USB Ethernet dongles is available. It also does not include an external display connector.

[...]

Q: 16GB of disk is not very much. Can I upgrade the disk?
A: No. The SSD is soldered to the motherboard to reduce costs.

(http://www.genesi-usa.com/support/smartbook/faq)

Awwwwww :(

It's still mighty tempting to buy one, though.
Recovering WoW addict.

And, I\'ve relapsed, LOL.

Hmm, might be canceling again. LOL

Offline Bodie_CI5

• Show all replies
Re: EFIKA-MX New Pricing In Effect
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 09:27:07 AM »
Quote from: Andre.Siegel;618213
@ Bodie CI5

Actually, the Efika MX Smartbook includes an internal micro-SD slot that can be accessed by unplugging the battery. This allows to increase the storage capacity of the device with ease.

Furthermore, the device also features an external SD card slot. (Unlike with some other devices, inserted SD cards do not stick out of the device.)

Hello Andreas, and thanks for the reply!

I see. Hmm. Spewing that you can't connect the little critter to a monitor - but I guess that in some way this could kind of defeat the small footprint purpose of the unit.

On anther note, I went to the BBRV blog last night, but could not see anything re a release date for the new monitor display (Pixel Qi). Have you heard anything on the grapevine as to when this might be coming out?

(I refer to this blog entry: http://bbrv.blogspot.com/2010/11/pixel-qi-and-efika-mx.html)

Cheers :)

Nick

--Edit--

Oh, forgot to also ask, with regards to this: (from the FAQ) "Note that the Efika MX Smartbook does not include wired networking capability, although software support for USB Ethernet dongles is available."

What would this actually entail were I to try to connect my unit (were I to get one) to my ADSL Lan network thing, here at home? Would I see a drop in performance in my internet speeds? (Sorry, I'm not the most technical of people here :) )
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 09:31:37 AM by Bodie_CI5 »
Recovering WoW addict.

And, I\'ve relapsed, LOL.

Hmm, might be canceling again. LOL