Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: EFIKA-MX New Pricing In Effect  (Read 5174 times)

Description:

Offline Hattig

• Show all replies
Re: EFIKA-MX New Pricing In Effect
« on: February 26, 2011, 07:48:25 PM »
Does that mean the next revision with a dual-core A9 is coming out soon, and they're clearing stock? :-)

Nice website, actual products ... should have gone with Genesi all those years ago shouldn't we? :-S

Offline Hattig

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 10:21:26 PM »
Quote from: dammy;618129
Next generation will be the i.mx.53 series.  They are targeting ~$50 OEM cost for the cpu/mobo so that may tempt C=USA into the ARM device market.

That's pretty good, although it's a shame it's still a Cortex A8, the rest of the features look good. If they can hit the same $199 price for the SmartBook, and $99 for the nettop, that would be great.

Offline Hattig

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 10:43:18 PM »
Quote from: Damiga;618145
Wow!, the smarttop looks nice!

What OS can this thing run? Linux for sure, AROS and morph also?

http://bbrv.blogspot.com/2011/02/95-smarttop.html

Linux
Android

Offline Hattig

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 10:13:04 AM »
Quote from: Bodie_CI5;618377

What would this actually entail were I to try to connect my unit (were I to get one) to my ADSL Lan network thing, here at home? Would I see a drop in performance in my internet speeds? (Sorry, I'm not the most technical of people here :) )

If you have wireless at home then there isn't an issue as the device has that built-in. Although I didn't see if the MX has N wireless for the top speeds.

If you have wired ethernet, and a switch (most home routers have a four port switch built in) and use a USB Ethernet adaptor, you still don't need to worry about the speed. Even with an old USB1 10mbps Ethernet adaptor the switch will just make that single link 10mbps, the rest will run at 100mbps or 1Gbps depending on your home router.