Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wings NG on AmigaOS can happen!  (Read 1902 times)

Description:

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show all replies
Re: Wings NG on AmigaOS can happen!
« on: December 10, 2013, 10:35:27 AM »
Quote from: magnetic;754109
Great, we dont even have a good webrowser or flash or any modern technology for NG systems

...and the OS4 systems that has been sold for the last couple of years doesn't even have 3D drivers, so maybe start there instead? Learning to walk before you run? And *then* it would of course help to bring Unity3D to the platform as well. And *then* it would of course help if some developers actually took the challenge of actually doing the work? And *then* it would be relevant to start raising $100.000 for it to be possible? But before that, maybe you should consider if this is really that well spent money? I mean, it's a lot of money, and we are talking about a more or less stupid *game* here that probably won't even fit the majority's taste.

Wouldn't perhaps this be more useful for OS4?

http://www.power2people.org/projects/odyssey/ :D

And that bounty is already (almost) half way there...

:)
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show all replies
Re: Wings NG on AmigaOS can happen!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 12:59:38 PM »
Quote from: ddniUK;754121
The bounty you use as a comparator has not yet reached halfway

Has even a full month passed? Hmm, no it hasn't...

and is stalled

:confused:

Really? Or perhaps that's a wish rather than an observation?

with no signs of growth.

:confused:

Given the fact that this is a tiny community of hobbyists, I think the growth this far has been massive. I don't think anyone expected anything else than a couple of months to fill that bounty, and the first one is just about to end. If you think this is slow, then it's only because some people are more willing to pay $3,500 for HW but $0 or only a couple of bucks towards a real browser that will make that machine actually useable for web stuff. I already have Odyssey myself, but I have actually paid a lot more money than most OS4 users to opening up the Odyssey sources for them to use. That's a bit funny.

And there is indeed some strange attitude towards this bounty coming from some prominent OS4 people on various forums, both here and elsewhere, probably just because this is coming from Fab and not the Friedens. It seems that paying a lot more money for a pretty lousy weekend port of an Open Source Linux program and turning that into a *closed source* app, locked into just *one* NG system is preferred, compared to paying less for a genuine and native Amiga application and opening up its sources to *all* NG options.

But I'm hopeful. Only a month have passed, nothing has stalled, and the growth this far has been over my expectations.

:)
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)