Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Should we really crack IBrowse 2.4???  (Read 53306 times)

Description:

Offline a-pexTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: Should we really crack IBrowse 2.4???
« Reply #29 from previous page: October 08, 2012, 10:19:01 AM »
My intension was not to blame people not reading here, it was just to show that there are still people asking for this software, even if it is in most cases useless.

You can still make money with Amiga software, but you need a long term strategie, it is not possible to make money within a very short time.

• Show all replies
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2012, 04:08:51 PM »
iBrowse is still THE SOLUTION to visit Amiga forums, Aminet or other Amiga made pages on a machine like an A1200. This is the reason why there are still request for an legal key left.

Netsurf is nice, but needs a GFX card, very much RAM and a fast CPU.

• Show all replies
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2013, 11:01:53 AM »
PHP 5.4.x is coming up and most of the older used community software like VBulletin 3 will be incompatible. This mean we have also to drop iBrowse support, no more need for legal keyfiles.

But it would be nice to have a browser like NETSURF also for 68k/AGA, to visit some pages, like before with iBrowse. I know there is a NETSURF version for 68k, but it is not supporting native chipset, it is SDL based and slow. I am talking about a highly optimized release using native GUI. :)

If someone is willing to do something in this direction, the a1k Community would collect money and pay for this, like we tried it in the past for iBrowse! So this is the chance to earn some money and with the help from other communities I think it should be possible to gain a good loan for the programmer.

• Show all replies
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2013, 03:44:09 PM »
Yes and no. I asked him to get paid for a native port, but his answer was short and clear. ;)
Novacoder likes more programming games on the Amiga.

• Show all replies
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2013, 09:57:15 AM »
Hello all,
maybe this is some kind of motivation, but the http://www.a1k.org Community grand a minimum of 750€ for a working optimized Browser supporting 68k, AGA & CSS.

And I am sure this will be more only from our side, together with other Amiga Communities this could be enough money for a nice holiday. :-)

Regarding OS4 we have enough good solutions, but we need something again for the Classic Amigas...

• Show all replies
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2013, 02:02:50 PM »
Too less money for a feedback? ;-) May we should move the last postings in a new thread and close this one...