Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Should we really crack IBrowse 2.4???  (Read 52906 times)

Description:

Offline Boot_WB

• Show only replies by Boot_WB
    • http://www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk
Re: Should we really crack IBrowse 2.4???
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2008, 10:00:34 AM »
@ Thread

I understand the frustration, but do you think a load of attitude is going to
a) encourage the Ibrowse team
or
b) Make the Ibrowse team see the Amiga community as full of ungrateful W@*kers.

These people are doing this for nothing, in their own precious free time (yes, we all have a life away from the Amiga), on top of having full time jobs.

Get a grip, check the attitude, and think about what approach is likely to yield results: ungrateful yapping about "what they owe their customers" (all of whom have already received the product they paid for - upgrades are offered as a free bonus) or friendly encouragement.

@TJlazer - frankly mate, your facts are incorrect. If you own a keyfile for v2.1, then the same keyfile will work for 2.4 without any modification. If you have had to download a bootleg keyfile then you obviously have not paid for a 2.x keyfile in the first place.
The v2.4 distribution is available on the Ibrowse website, so basically, your words say that you are just stealing their software.

Regards

Rich
Mac Mini G4 (1.5GHz, 64MB VRam, 1GB Ram): MorphOS 3.6
Powerbook 5.8 (15", 1.67GHz, 128MB VRam, 1GB Ram): MorphOS 3.8.

Windows-free since 2011-2014 (Damn you Netflix!)

Offline pVC

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2008, 10:31:19 AM »

TjLaZer wrote:
No need to mess with cracking iBrowse!  Just get a bootleg ibrowse keyfile!  I own the original iBrowse 2.1 and could not upgrade but I am fine with using a bootleg keyfile that I found with Google.

I think it would be better as cracked :) Crack won't hurt sales of future versions, but using "bootleg" keyfile will (it's easy to forgot you haven't bought it if it works still).
Daily MorphOS user and Amiga active.

Offline a-pexTopic starter

• Show only replies by a-pex
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2008, 10:56:27 AM »

These people are doing this for nothing, in their own precious free time (yes, we all have a life away from the Amiga), on top of having full time jobs.

You are right, they are doing this for nothing!!! The people can not buy it and the programmers do not want to earn money.

What what the last price for the download version?
50 Euros x 30 registrations = 1500 Euros, and they do not want to have this money??????????? Really strange, I think generating 30 keyfiles will not take too long...

Offline stefcep2

• Show only replies by stefcep2
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2008, 12:44:22 PM »

Boot_WB wrote:
@ Thread

or

Get a grip, check the attitude, and think about what approach is likely to yield results: ungrateful yapping about "what they owe their customers" (all of whom have already received the product they paid for - upgrades are offered as a free bonus) or friendly encouragement.

@TJlazer - frankly mate, your facts are incorrect. If you own a keyfile for v2.1, then the same keyfile will work for 2.4 without any modification. If you have had to download a bootleg keyfile then you obviously have not paid for a 2.x keyfile in the first place.
The v2.4 distribution is available on the Ibrowse website, so basically, your words say that you are just stealing their software.

Regards

Rich

I don't agree with this.

No-one's saying: "Hey Ibrowse team , I demand that you write me a Firefox-beater, for nothing, because I deserve it because I paid you something a long time ago".  He's saying: "Ibrowse team, guys you have had long enough to do something about making your software available to purchase.  No excuses: "too busy" is a lot of BS when it takes maybe a few hours to do but you've done nothing to make it available to buy for YEARS.  NO-ONE is THAT busy."   People are doing the honourable thing by asking to PAY for the software AS IT IS.  Given the fact that most users are hobbyists (like the developers) this is commendable. If they can't be bothered to make the software available for purchase then they should just say so and then things take their natural course, whatever that maybe.

Offline kingkleks

• Show only replies by kingkleks
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2008, 12:58:44 PM »
Hmmmm... this is very interesting. Frankly this situation amazes me. If this offer is genuine, I don't understand how they can just ignore it? No distributor? Baloney. They are offered to be paid directly, so no cut for the distributor; that guy also offered help with distribution (it doesn't have to be shrink wrapped; maybe a web page with a Buy Now button linked to say PayPal would work? or is that just too crazy of an idea???). 1500 Euros for 30 keyfiles? Just think about it. How much effort would that require? The Amiga has entered an extended near-dead state of suspension a long time ago. I hope the situation improves not too far in the future but something like this will not attract new users. Help them! It is very commendable that they want to obtain the software legally, for a platform that is not manufactured anymore. These are the kind of people we need. If they get frustrated with this situation they might turn away. Our community will be diminished. Think about the cost of that.
Windows does not cut the mustard.  But it does cut the cheese.

Offline kingkleks

• Show only replies by kingkleks
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2008, 01:12:48 PM »

stefcep2 wrote:

Boot_WB wrote:
@ Thread

or

Regards

Rich

I don't agree with this.

Same here. Two things though: first IBrowse programmers are not doing it for nothing. Second those potential customers are not "yapping" about being owned anything, they are frustrated about wanting to buy something and not being able to. As regards "friendly encouragement" how does 1500 Euros sound?
Windows does not cut the mustard.  But it does cut the cheese.

Offline A1260

• Show only replies by A1260
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2008, 01:23:53 PM »
its one thing you all should think about, if you dont want the  community to be diminished. that is to start learning to program the amiga, its a hobby computer and if you want things to happen you do it yourself, its as easy as that. amiga is not windows where you sit on your arse and wait until others do it for you, one time it was but today it is not. i guess some of you have a hard time accepting this. amiga today have no use for users that only sit on their arse and moan about programs they dont get. if you dont want to learn to program for the amiga then you have nothing in the amiga community to do, you can sell your amiga stuff and buy yourself a pc with window vista..

its a harsh reality but thats where we stand today. if you want things to happen on the amiga you do it yourself.

Offline leirbag28

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2008, 01:29:18 PM »
@futaura

You have no idea how encouraging it is to see an Amiga developer on Here in Amiga.Org.

Its good to know your here.

please just for our sake............just drop buy often and say something as simple as: "Im here...Just saying hello!"

And that will be totally fine..... and believe me......encouraging to know that you are watching the Amiga scene.

That takes no time..............heck..say the same thing and just leave, just so we know your there.

It is greatly appreciated trust me.

Good to see you!

CD32 is actually the best Amiga ever made by Commodore!...

Offline kreciu

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2008, 03:14:05 PM »
Can you please help me to get about 30 registered legal keyfiles?
I will pay using paypal, give to you all the data needed from the users and you will send me the keyfiles? Is this possible? Or not?

Exactly, why you need a "distributor" for your own keys? Why pay someone for sending keys?

I REALLY don't understand that.

Kreciu
Re-A1200inE/BOX/3.2/AmigaOS3.2/TF1260@66Mhz/256Mb/MediatorTX/R9200SE/SpiderUSB/LAN/SB128/16Gb-CF/DVD-ROM/FDD-HD

Offline TjLaZer

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2008, 03:29:42 PM »
I bought iBrowse from ebay and the seller could not find the 2.1 keyfile, all I have is the older disks and a paper saying I can upgrade to 2.1, but the site is down.  I am not trying to BS anyone, I am entitled to version 2.4 and I now have it. I sleep well at night thank you.
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana:

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2008, 04:33:32 PM »

kreciu wrote:
I will pay using paypal, give to you all the data needed from the users and you will send me the keyfiles? Is this possible? Or not?

Exactly, why you need a "distributor" for your own keys? Why pay someone for sending keys?

Kreciu

What do you not understand? I have my own amigaforum and it is one of the biggest in germany. Many users in my forum complain and complain about the IBrowse situation and now I try to help them. I care for my users. ;)

And if the Ibrowse team is so busy, 1 contact person for this deal should be enough.

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2008, 05:20:01 PM »
@apex,

Off topic, but do you have a new website url for the Phoenix2 project?  The only one I have is no longer any good.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2008, 06:58:24 PM »
This is the link to the original phoenix-project: http://phoenix.a1k.org

The phoenix 2 project is a totally new phoenix based on the same size from the original one, but with 030, IDE, fastram and so on onboard...

http://www.a1k.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8947
http://www.gb97816.homepage.t-online.de/

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2008, 06:59:12 PM »
Really truely you have to cut Amiga developers a fair amount of slack.  A highly successful Amiga product will sell what, a few hundred copies?  How many copies will a PC or Mac product sell?  Plus there are far more tools and programming languages available for PC and Mac developers.

I am really surprised there are the even small number of developers there are.  You piss them off and they are gone and where are you?

Amiga developers are an endangered species, treat them as such.

:hat:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline kreciu

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2008, 07:04:22 PM »
Re-A1200inE/BOX/3.2/AmigaOS3.2/TF1260@66Mhz/256Mb/MediatorTX/R9200SE/SpiderUSB/LAN/SB128/16Gb-CF/DVD-ROM/FDD-HD

Offline kreciu

« Reply #44 from previous page: April 10, 2008, 07:07:46 PM »

a-pex wrote:

kreciu wrote:

Kreciu

What do you not understand? I have my own amigaforum and it is one of the biggest in germany. Many users in my forum complain and complain about the IBrowse situation and now I try to help them. I care for my users. ;)

And if the Ibrowse team is so busy, 1 contact person for this deal should be enough.

Wait I made a mistake (it's an English think!).

I understand YOU who want to buy a KEY from author of IBrowse!

I don't understand why author of IBrowse needs some "distributor" for his own keys?

ufff... I cited before your post but the questions are for the author of IBrowse... I just noticed that that...

Now should be better  :-D