Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: God, please pinch me and wake me up. This must be a dream/  (Read 5470 times)

Description:

Offline Matt_H

Re: God, please pinch me and wake me up. This must be a dream/
« on: November 11, 2016, 03:32:23 PM »
The extreme right - neo-Nazis, ultra-Nationalists, misogynists, climate change deniers - has taken over the Republican Party, which now has total control over every part of the federal government. That is indescribably dangerous. This is waaaaaay different from Reagan, Bush, or even Nixon. Hate crimes and acts of intimidation are already being perpetrated against women and minorities, and these guys haven't even assumed office yet.

When one person's rights are threatened, all of our rights are threatened. If you think you're going to be safe under this new regime, think again.

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 07:38:07 PM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;816340

Perhaps its that I'm just not used to it, but the overt patriotism thing seems bizarre to me. I was playing with some streaming 360° cameras of Trumps acceptance speech and just prior to him taking the podium his supporters, I kid you not, started up a "U.S.A, U.S.A, U.S.A" type chant.  :)
Cracked me up. Who is it these people think they're competing against in a domestic election?  :)

This illustrates the situation quite well.

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 11:26:31 PM »