Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Official CNet BBS Software support system online !  (Read 8389 times)

Description:

Offline Dmaster

• Show only replies by Dmaster
Re: New Official CNet BBS Software support system online !
« Reply #29 from previous page: November 17, 2011, 01:08:41 AM »
Not for nothing but on BP's side he was there for me when the official resources were not around for any help whatsoever.

Offline Bishop077

• Show only replies by Bishop077
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2011, 07:55:43 PM »
Well now... Looks like I've got an answer to my other thread regarding CNET....  I probably should have read this one first before posting.

Offline MobbyG

• Occupy Amiga
    • Show only replies by MobbyG
    • http://www.amigaz.org
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2011, 12:54:11 AM »
The CNet thing has been frustrating ever since the person who took over the development and support for CNet after Ken Pletzer, had a falling out and the whole thing was in limbo for many years. While there was no offical support, BP helped new SysOps, as well as returning SysOps like me get our systems up and going on classic hardware as well as emulated with WinUAE.

When Dan did finally work out a deal with Todd Knight, who controlled the code and rights, (I have some stories to tell about all that too... ), things looked like it was going to get better for all of us, as there were some pretty major bugs in code we had available to us. During this, Dan asked BP to remove all CNet support files from his website and BBS. The reason being I heard was to keep support in one place for everyone to have access to. Shortly after, news and updates soon stopped coming out. The CNet website has not been updated in years, and emails from Dan take a long time to get a reply, or even any kind of response at all.

In a rare span of time where I was able to email Dan and get some replies, he did mention that with the economy going down hill, he had to focus on his full time job to keep himself afloat. I understood that. But now, out of no where, and I even recently emailed him to check on a CNet status, we discover that a new version is now released, and a new support BBS is now available, yet Future World II, the main support BBS still seems to be silent.

I stopped running my CNet BBS because of the bugs I mentioned before. I decided that I would return when those were addressed. Dan knows what they are because I have talked to them about them. And Yes, Dan has helped me with issues with CNet via email as well.

It's just very frustrating that no news was released, and support has all but dried up. Now we are given a new BBS and discover that new a new version is available, yet the website is still not updated and no info from Dan. Plus no way to purchase CNet other than emailing Dan.

The whole CNet issue has been brewing for a while. I don't blame Rudi for any of this. He's just doing his thing and trying to make CNet better. But as a CNet SysOp, I am upset with the current situation with the support and options available to me. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact, I won't be running CNet anymore. While I still do like the software, the whole situation has just left a bad taste in my mouth.
-=:[ Rich Lawrence ]:=-

Offline Gary McCulloch

• https://discord.gg/c-a-e
  • www.rofbbs.com
    • Show only replies by Gary McCulloch
    • Reign of Fire BBS Group
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2016, 03:29:54 PM »
Quote from: MobbyG;671329
The CNet thing has been frustrating ever since the person who took over the development and support for CNet after Ken Pletzer, had a falling out and the whole thing was in limbo for many years. While there was no offical support, BP helped new SysOps, as well as returning SysOps like me get our systems up and going on classic hardware as well as emulated with WinUAE.

When Dan did finally work out a deal with Todd Knight, who controlled the code and rights, (I have some stories to tell about all that too... ), things looked like it was going to get better for all of us, as there were some pretty major bugs in code we had available to us. During this, Dan asked BP to remove all CNet support files from his website and BBS. The reason being I heard was to keep support in one place for everyone to have access to. Shortly after, news and updates soon stopped coming out. The CNet website has not been updated in years, and emails from Dan take a long time to get a reply, or even any kind of response at all.

In a rare span of time where I was able to email Dan and get some replies, he did mention that with the economy going down hill, he had to focus on his full time job to keep himself afloat. I understood that. But now, out of no where, and I even recently emailed him to check on a CNet status, we discover that a new version is now released, and a new support BBS is now available, yet Future World II, the main support BBS still seems to be silent.

I stopped running my CNet BBS because of the bugs I mentioned before. I decided that I would return when those were addressed. Dan knows what they are because I have talked to them about them. And Yes, Dan has helped me with issues with CNet via email as well.

It's just very frustrating that no news was released, and support has all but dried up. Now we are given a new BBS and discover that new a new version is available, yet the website is still not updated and no info from Dan. Plus no way to purchase CNet other than emailing Dan.

The whole CNet issue has been brewing for a while. I don't blame Rudi for any of this. He's just doing his thing and trying to make CNet better. But as a CNet SysOp, I am upset with the current situation with the support and options available to me. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact, I won't be running CNet anymore. While I still do like the software, the whole situation has just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Lets keep it brewing... Yes 5 years have past, and I feel its still never to late.
SpitfireTN
Reign of Fire BBS
call.rofbbs.com:6800
Reign of Fire II
call.rofbbs.com:6400
Reign of Fire III
call.rofbbs.com:8502
https://www.facebook.com/groups/rofbbs
http://www.rofbbs.com