Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What kind of gamer are you?  (Read 8146 times)

Description:

Offline brenry

• Show all replies
Re: What kind of gamer are you?
« on: April 15, 2011, 06:01:42 AM »
Gaymers are Lamers!

running demos and listening to retro remixes is funner.

Offline brenry

• Show all replies
Re: What kind of gamer are you?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 05:22:52 PM »
Quote from: A1260;631816
with that comment your more gay than any gaymers :)

retro remixes i listen to in the early 2000, but always did go back to the originals and ended up deleting the retromixes becouse they was not worth my time. so newer bothered with retromixes again ever since.
To each his own, eh ?  If you are basing your opinion on downloading massive files you are missing the experience.  When Slayradio or Scenesat do live shows on irc, that's what it's all about.  The experience with others.  Unfortunately I do not live in Europe and cannot attend all the station gathering parties or a demoscene convention.

as for demos every ps3 games kills everything ever made with the c64/amiga and pc. so why bother?... i dont anymore... demos is something of the past now days and pretty boring. in ps3 games i interact with all these great technical demo effects everyday. thats much more enjoyable :)
I'm guessing you are still a kid?  The whole ps3/pc/xbox/nintendo fanboy thing is redundant, they are just toys and the average time someone spends on a game (which many don't have replay value to them) is less than a week.

Pushing the limits of hardware is not what interests me, demos have songs I grew up with and have have heard changed with different composer's flavor added.  And it sure beats having winamp's standard visuals playing on another monitor while doing something else on the pc.  They are kind of like an old friend, that can keep you company.

If you say it's dead that's your ignorance.  You can get a taste of how big the scene still is by checking out some of the streaming media at
http://capped.tv/monthtop

I rarely play my mame machine and my xbox only ever gets used to stream tv shows.  If games is what you live & sleep you might as well be playing world of warcraft.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 05:28:30 PM by brenry »