Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

A530 #2
A530 #2
Previous Image | Next Image
Description: A530 in last stages of final assembly. 68030 got heatsink with fan, it should keep the CPU cool and get some airflow in front section of A530. Stock green and yellow LEDs for POWER and HDD activity became loose and eventually ended with broken pins - replaced with new blue and red parts. Acard SCSI-IDE bridge has it's power connector set too high so closing the A530 case proves to be more challenging; some cable tweaking and Phase#1 of getting A530 in service is done.
As for else, pic also shows Rev8A A500 mobo with mounted clockport adapter, currently disconnected Subway USB controller and DLink DUB-E100 USB-to-Ethernet adapter. Those components are part of Phase#2 - Networking, notably forming primary data transfer framework for this A500 setup. Backup solution is provided by CDROM access (see next picture).
Also, this A500+ has 1Mb trapdoor RAM expansion which tops maximum ChipRAM limit (removed from testbed) and RTC barrell NiMH battery installed on the far right end of mobo's PCB.
Picture Stats:
Views: 1509
Filesize: 287.56kB
Height: 768 Width: 1024
Posted by: Lockon_15 at October 08, 2008, 11:08:16 PM

Image Linking Codes
BB Code

Comments (4)

Lockon_15
October 13, 2008, 04:00:24 PM
Hmm, thought about that (cable directly to PCB), but then I can't imagine what's the case here?

Port#0 on the CP is already occupied by Subway and it wastes (or uses, whatever) whole clockport address range, truly ruling out any other HW connected on lower, troubled Port"1.

Looks like terminal desoldering, or a speedy chop job.  8-)
Damion
October 11, 2008, 09:09:27 PM
Yeah, the keyboard hitting the header is a real bummer. I was thinking maybe to desolder it and solder a cable directly to the board. :/
Lockon_15
October 09, 2008, 09:32:41 PM
Yes, it was quite of challenge to put that happy crowd together, make sure nothing moves and still provide some volume for airflow...

As I was preparing to use top cover casing, I just got an idea to put Subway inside A530, too. Some 3M wrap tape could be used to hold it just behind Acard and clockport ribbon cable is long enough (if routed through sidecar expansion) to get there without excessive bending. :-o

On the down side, I cannot put keyboard back to seat since all-metal backplane shorts few pins on secondary clockport ribbon header. :madashell:
Damion
October 09, 2008, 07:22:10 PM
Nice job mounting everything in the A530. The ACARD + CF works fantastic on that setup.

Cool project! :pint: