Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Windows NT4 and Windows2000 Source Code Pieces Leaked  (Read 5939 times)

Description:

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show all replies
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
Re: Windows NT4 and Windows2000 Source Code Pieces Leaked
« on: February 14, 2004, 03:17:52 AM »
This "could" increase the amount of virus' and what not, meaning people will grow even more tired of winblows, ecspecially when they are offered alternatives that come with the ease of use, but will a    LOT less hassel.      

I don't think this wil benafit Amiga at all, as the commen computer user does not have an EXPENSIVE Amiga or Peg sitting about.

It "might" help out alternative X86 OS's over the next few years, unfortunatly Linux is the most popular and most widely known of those alternatives and will prolly reap the most benafits, if they can make it easy to use that is.

Too bad BeOS ain't around still, microsoft really screwed them outta the home computer sceen back in the day with that damn Boot Sector contract, otherwise Be might possibly be reaping a lot of attention like never before!

Another side benafit for this is that it could help out projects like WINE, and ReactOS that are working on way to run WInblows programs without having WInblows. THey would just have to be careful to change what sources they were using enough not to get there butts in trouble.

I think this is funny, I love it, hopefully some day Microsoft will fully take a Karmic blow, and perhaps OS' that are more deserving to dominate the market will some day take the stage...

...you know? Os's that were not stolen from someone, or rip off someone else's idea, OS's that were researched out the but and made with blood sweat and tears...

....kinda like Be, Amiga or the new SKyOS.

Linux IS BLOAT, and more annoying that M$ so I don't count them, and I don't care if you can boot into a CLI based interface off a floppy, Amiga booted into a Multi-tasking GUI off half a floppy!!!! ;p
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs