Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga.com.pl announcement  (Read 8526 times)

Description:

Offline badermanTopic starter

• Show only replies by baderman
    • http://zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl/~baderman
Amiga.com.pl announcement
« on: March 15, 2002, 12:03:00 PM »
Authors of the biggest Amiga portal in Poland, decided to whitdraw from publishing anything(news/stories) directly connected with "Amiga Inc." due to the last ".NET & Amiga marriage".

Here its translation from polish:

Dear users,

The latest Amiga Inc. policy shifts (which we mention below) give us no other option as to say farewell to them for good and show them our boinging balls as a good-bye. Although the hardkore anti-UAE group would never get it, The Adminus Magnificus In Their Armourus Radiatus® have never been fervent fans of Microsoft policy and their "innovations" in the field of technology and alike (in which we differ, for example, from our Polish government).

We cannot and do not intend to watch idly as the company which "exciting" (or should it be "arousing"?) announcements we publish from time to time intends to lend (or spare) a hand to the biggest scr*w-up in the Internet history called .NET and being another rather cunning M$ idea to overpower the naive dwellers of the global village.

In the coming days the prophetic minds of the amiSheep will surely perceive a new conspiracy theory lurking behind the bare facts and try to rationalize why Microsoft is a big, good daddy company that wants to help the poor and it is not a coincidence that ami-CEO's name is Bill, too. Yet, it is a well-known fact that the only company Microsoft cares about is Microsoft itself.

To sum the whole thing up, we remove all the links to Amiga Inc. from our site. We also stop publishing any news concerning the company, its products, its employees, etc., no matter how exciting (or even arousing) they would be.
As far as Amiga Classic, MorphOS and other alike are concerned, everything remains unchanged.

Amen, brothers (and sisters).
Amiga till death!

Offline Crispy_Beef

• Show only replies by Crispy_Beef
Re: Amiga.com.pl announcment
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2002, 01:19:14 PM »
I know what these guys mean, I'm all for Amiga getting it's content in as many places as possible, and furthering themselves, even if it is on the back of M$ for a bit.  But .NET is an awful thing at least in the hands of Redmond.

The passport system has already been proven to be insecure, and eventually I can see M$ being more and more part of the Internet, they already tried to block browsers other than their own accessing their site.

.NET sucks.

-- Crispy

Offline System

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2002, 01:31:54 PM »
RIGHT! GO AWAY! WE DON'T NEED YOU!!!

I always hated this kind of people and companies that from the first moment on they hear "Microsoft" they suddendly turn around, blame some people and leave. One of my customers did so!
What do you think???? Where do you work??? The company you work at does not use M$-products in their offices? SHOW ME, IF THAT'S THE CASE!
We can't live on the money we earn by selling 2 clock-port extensions a month.

IT-business is not something we do for fun, WE LIVE ON THAT!

Keep on reporting on MorphOS and A1200.

I want AmigaONE with OS4.0 and I want devices running AmigaDE (Amiga Anywhere)!

Amiga Inc., YOU'RE DOIN' A GREAT JOB!!!!!!!

Offline Bobsonsirjonny

• Show only replies by Bobsonsirjonny
    • http://amigadevbox.happybiscuit.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2002, 01:43:03 PM »
Man this announcement is a little childish - there a news portal for goodness sake. What Amiga.inc do is news. They should publish it, and allow people to comment on it. As for Amiga being arousing... well, thats a little worrying. :-D
The REAL BOBSON - accept no immitations!

8 Bloody Tickets!
http://amigadevbox.happybiscuit.com/

http://www.killingwithkindness.com/

Some of my drawings

Offline scorchio

• Show only replies by scorchio
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2002, 01:51:07 PM »
This sort of action is

a) childish

b) shows the naivety of some narrow minded people!

Perhaps when they realise themselves that there in the big picture, classic OS needs to be left behind for progress to be made, they will accept that decisions like this are required to provide grounding in the x86 dominated environment.

In conclusion:

1. sod off
2. grow up
3. think before you open your mouth

AMIGA INC SHOULD BE JUDGED ON WHAT THEY ARE PRESENTLY DELIVERING, AND THAT IS THE SPIRIT OF THE OLD REGIME, AND THE CONTINUATION OF THE COMMUNITY.

I agree with 'siciliano' and 'Bobsonsirjonny' Amiga Inc are doing the best that they can, and support should be given to them

Offline Crispy_Beef

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2002, 02:04:48 PM »
Hey Siciliano, I hope the 'go away' wasn't directed at me, what I stated above was purely fact, and nothing else.

Plus there is cause to be careful where M$ is concerned, tread lightly and all that.  Although I don't think M$ can afford to be seen doing anything dodgy at the moment, what with all th lawsuits etc.

I have been using Amigas since 88/89 and have hung on this long to see a new Amiga and OS, not to see it swallowed up in the M$ machine.

Adding in this bit though, I do think that withdrawing their news IS a bit childish and silly.

-- Crispy

Offline System

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2002, 02:13:30 PM »
Hey Siciliano, I hope the 'go away' wasn't directed at me

No, Crispy_Beef! I wrote my comment before your one had been posted.
I ment those silly poeple that posted that silly comment.

Adding in this bit though, I do think that withdrawing their news IS a bit childish and silly.

You're perfectly right!

GREETZ!

Offline Crispy_Beef

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2002, 02:15:27 PM »
Cool, that's what I though you meant, but just had to check ;-)

Hopefully we'll all be able to run that content on our shiny new AmigaOnes and OS4 soon  :-)

-- Crispy

Offline samface

• Show only replies by samface
    • http://www.mindrelease.net
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2002, 03:01:58 PM »
Perhaps they'll listen if everyone removes their fastlink for *their* website? I mean, who would want to browse an Amiga news site that doesn't even publish Amiga related news, anyway... :-P

Amen, brothers (and sisters).

Isn't it scary the way they seem to have computing as their religion?
\\"640k ought to be enough for anybody.\\" - Bill Gates, 1981

Offline Tomas

• Show only replies by Tomas
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2002, 03:05:47 PM »
im getting a bit scared after i read the announce on amiga.com....

Amiga Games and Productivity Applications Will Target Windows CE .NET
"will target windows CE .NET" Does this mean they will only develop Amiga Anywhere for Windows CE??? They wont release it for linux??

Then the whole point is gone"to run same stuff on all oses"   :-o

Sorry to say it but this will be something that m$ claim is there own piece of software..... And no one will ever know that Amiga Anywhere is behind all this.......

Offline System

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2002, 03:06:00 PM »
"Putting a thousand monkeys on typewriters may eventually produce the works of Shakespeare but it's not something you're going to wait around for, and you don't want to be responsible for cleaning up the mess in the meantime." - Fleecy Moss
That's most certainly NOT Fleecy.  It's been uttered in American literature and film at least a thousand times. :)

Offline System

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2002, 03:08:34 PM »
Does this mean they will only develop Amiga Anywhere for Windows CE??? They wont release it for linux??
Absolutely not.  Think about it for a second and you might realize that Amiga Inc won't write "and Linux and 12 other OS'es" on a Press Release on the Microsoft site.  Remember, Microsoft and Linux are currently mortal enemies.

Offline samface

• Show only replies by samface
    • http://www.mindrelease.net
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2002, 03:19:41 PM »
That's most certainly NOT Fleecy. It's been uttered in American literature and film at least a thousand times. :)

Well, it's a quote from Fleecy Moss in an interview with Amiga Active, it was around the time when they announced themselves as the new owners of Amiga. The quote was even on the front page of that issue, IIRC. :-)

Sure, it could be taken by him from somwhere else, I'm aware of that. However, that is a quote of Fleecy Moss, no doubt about it. :-P

Have a nice weekend, all! :-)
\\"640k ought to be enough for anybody.\\" - Bill Gates, 1981

Offline System

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2002, 05:08:16 PM »
Authors of the biggest Amiga portal in Poland, decided to whitdraw (sic) from publishing anything.....Blah...Blah...

Well I'm Shocked...NOT!    Yawn...zzz-zz-zzz... who cares!

From the looks of what they continue to cover it seems they may not have been big fans of Amiga Inc. in the first place!

Bob C.

Chathurawind

Re: Amiga.com.pl announcement
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2002, 05:56:33 PM »
I think there is a gentlemen's agreement between Amiga, Inc. and the Amiga community.

Amiga, Inc. will let the classic environment continue if Amiga community will let Amiga, Inc. continue.

Developing for AmigaDE gives Amiga, Inc. a future, Amiga, Inc. by wisely doing what the amiga community wants (i.e. not getting in the friggin way of progress on our beloved Amiga platform)...give the amiga community a future.

win win....with that said I think the above actions are funny.  Good for them, they will quietly change back as Amiga inc becomes more relevant.......and if that doesn't happen then they just got it a bit quicker than the rest of us.