Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The future of Amiga.org ...?  (Read 24100 times)

Description:

Offline Huxley_D

• Show all replies
    • Check out The Retro Roadshow, my pop-up museum of vintage technology!
Re: The future of Amiga.org ...?
« on: August 19, 2009, 06:51:17 PM »
I just had to chime in with my two cents on this topic:

While I haven't been an active member of the Amiga community for very long (I only recently began restoring / upgrading an A2000), I feel obligated to at least say that of all the retro-computing sites I frequent (lots!), this is by far one of the friendliest, most helpful, and most fun.  I've asked every dumb newbie question possible over the past month or so, and I've been met with an astonishing level of cordial, polite and (most importantly) helpful responses, with nary a discouraging word to be found.

I've been up to my neck in the vintage Apple II / Macintosh hobby for over a decade, and it's been a blast diving into the Commodore scene and finding the same level of enthusiasm and helpfulness I've grown accustomed to in the Apple scene.

While the future of Amiga.org might be a bit hazy right now, I can't help but feel confident that if the majority of us board members keep the spirit of fun and sharing strong, the future can only get brighter for this group.

I'm looking forward to seeing what we can create as Amiga.org transitions into whatever lies ahead!

Huxley