Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Favorite/most impressive Amiga game music?  (Read 7778 times)

Description:

Offline Bif

• Show all replies
Re: Favorite/most impressive Amiga game music?
« on: January 05, 2012, 10:08:44 PM »
Quote from: Mrs Beanbag;674519
Back in the day I recorded the entire Turrican 2 soundtrack onto audio cassette.  It's the only game I ever did that with.  Chris Huelsbeck is a legend.  His R-Type theme was good as well.

I was working a booth at Comdex or CES 95 flogging Gravis Ultrasound's when a guy wandered in and handed me "Rainbows" and "Turrican" CDs. I tried to give them back saying I wasn't in a position to use his composing services but he insisted I keep them. It wasn't later on into the age of the internet that I clued in he'd composed the music for many of the Amiga games I played years earlier. While I played Turrican and probably others I should maybe be ashamed to say that the music from Hollywood Poker Pro is what still sticks vividly in my mind after all these years for some reason :P.

My professional life has actually led me to work with some of the most famous retro era composers. Again I sometimes didn't find out until years later what their contribution was since I started out after that retro era was over, but it sure is interesting to know.