Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Can Linux cure my craving for AmigaDOS?  (Read 3906 times)

Description:

Offline cecilia

• Amiga Snob
    • Show all replies
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
Re: Can Linux cure my craving for AmigaDOS?
« on: August 26, 2006, 06:39:26 PM »
a few years ago I put Red Hat on my laptop. I use it for making web pages and several other activities and it works just fine for my purposes.

by now, it's an "old" kernal and I should get something newer. Maybe Ubuntu. I haven't decided yet.

anyway, my system is stable - it's why I haven't changed it for so long. I never have to monkey with it. it just works. I like that. I can't so everything (it IS old, after all).

And while it's not exactly like AmigaOS, it's fun. and it doesn't blow up like windows can. the weirdest concept is that everything is a "file".
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial

Offline cecilia

• Amiga Snob
    • Show all replies
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
Re: Can Linux cure my craving for AmigaDOS?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 04:52:33 PM »
save for a pegII with MorphOS. it's the ultimate next-generation Amiga experience. even more so than AOS4, which is verging more away from the original transparent/open Commodore OS design we all love
What does THAT mean and where did you get that notion from??

OS4 seems very Amiga-like to me. just like MOS, it FEELS like amiga - just faster. And just as a reminder, I have a peg and I go to Amiga meets where we get to play with an A1 - with the Latest OS4.

there's some differences, of course, but they are basically similar enough to both be Amiga. And I say this as a USER.
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial