Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Using an Amiga with OS4.1 for daily work.  (Read 1441 times)

Description:

Offline cgutjahr

• Show all replies
Re: Using an Amiga with OS4.1 for daily work.
« on: May 12, 2016, 10:57:44 PM »
Quote from: broadblues;808315

I use Wordworth 7 for wordprocessing, poster / flyer creation. Printing to postscrit them converting to PDF with Ghostscript.

WW7's postscript output had some serious limitations IIRC, like all graphics (or was it just vektor graphics?) being limited to grayscale.

How did you solve the font problem? IIRC, you were limited to the fonts used in regular printers (I don't think I ever managed to embedd another font in a postscript file) and I never got  WYSIWYG working because It was impossible (for me) to have the same (postscript) fonts used for screen output that were used in my printer...

Offline cgutjahr

• Show all replies
Re: Using an Amiga with OS4.1 for daily work.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 11:05:16 PM »
Quote from: OlafS3;808325
I am not aware that this is possible but would do be interested.

Converting Postscript to PDF is easy, Ghostscript can do that. Last Ghostscript port to OS3 should be slightly older than a decade, but that should be good enough for this particular job. Wordworth has no "export to Postscript" ARexx command,so you can't automate the process - but saving it as postscript and then manually converting the file to PDF works fine.

For Postscript output, FinalWriter might be the better choice though. I never used it, but allegedly it's got way better Postscript export.And you can easily automate the PDF export.