Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: These are NOT Amiga's a fellow vintage computer enthutiast claims...  (Read 4938 times)

Description:

Offline brostenenTopic starter

• Show all replies
...and I will throw out the claim here, and see how deep the rabbit's hole goes.

Vampire V4 (and V2 to an extend) with AGA core, AmigaONE-x1000/x5000, AmigaONE-500 and so on are not real Amiga's he claimed. The dude said that they can not be Amiga's because they were not released and or invented by Commodore. I say they are real Amiga's, now it is up to all of you to tell me that they are not.

Ball rolling. Let's me see how deep the rabbit's hole goes on that claim, here on an Amiga community.  ;D

Offline brostenenTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: These are NOT Amiga's a fellow vintage computer enthutiast claims...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 11:46:14 AM »
Yeah... My point is. That an modern AmigaOS 4.x machine, like the x5000 is still an Amiga. Things have evolved.

Compared to calssic Amiga's and PC's. Then we do not have such things as BIOS, Kickstart-Rom-Chips, USB and thunderbolt and nearly all original ports have been replaced with modern stuff like HDMI, USB and Thunderbolt-whatever. Does not run AmigaOS-M68k and do not run Dos. AmigaOS is rewritten and Windows are based on NT. So yeah.... If anyone say that modern Amiga's are not Amiga's, then it is the same as saying that modern PC's are not PC's.