Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DvPlayer V54.9 Released  (Read 1484 times)

Description:

Online amigakitTopic starter

DvPlayer V54.9 Released
« on: April 18, 2022, 02:35:16 PM »

Happy Easter !

A-EON Technology Ltd is pleased to announce an update to DvPlayer V54, an advanced media player for the Enhancer Software. 

The latest version 54.9 update is available free of charge to all DvPlayer V54 users through the Updater tool.

New customers can buy a copy from DvPlayer website or Amistore App Store.  A boxed copy can be purchased from Amiga Kit Amiga Store

A-EON Technology would like to thank our developer and beta testers who have made this release possible.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 02:42:18 PM by amigakit »
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline Rob

Re: DvPlayer V54.9 Released
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2022, 03:21:29 PM »
Just updated.  Still looking forward the hardware decoding for SI cards.

Offline walkero

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 11:50:43 AM »
@Rob
Recently A-Eon updated DVPlayer's website and they added for RadeonHD SI support the RadeonHD v4 drivers as a requirement. This version is not included, so far, with Enhancer Package v2, which was previously mentioned as the minimum requirement.

There is no clear announcement about it by A-Eon but I assume they are going to release it with Enhancer Package v54, which is going to be a paid product. And based on the current Enhancer Package price, I do expect Enhancer Package v54 to cost a lot.

Now, you might wonder if there is going to be a discount for those who already bought DVPlayer. Again, no clear announcement, but there might be something. Do not expect a discount that will reflect the price you paid for DVPlayer though. Also, I do not know if there is going to be a discount for those who bought Enhancer Package v2.

Unfortunately, A-Eon did not announce anything about their pricing plans, if there are any.

Online amigakitTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2022, 12:52:44 PM »
@walkero

Recently A-Eon updated DVPlayer's website and they added for RadeonHD SI support the RadeonHD v4 drivers as a requirement

It was changed for consistency to match all the other websites that DvPlayer is advertised on.  Originally it stated that the Enhancer Software Graphics Upgrade V2 package would be needed.  This has not yet been released and was planned to contain the RadeonHD v4 or v5 driver as a paid upgrade for Enhancer Software users.    The updated drivers are not yet ready to be released as more beta testing is needed.

If you recall the Enhancer Software Graphics Upgrade V1 was released as a paid optional package that updated ES V1.x customers to the latest graphics drivers. The Graphics Upgrade V2 package would be in the same mould offering ES V2.x customers the change to bump their graphics drivers up to the next level.

As users can see, the funds obtained from these packages gets ploughed straight back into more development to make the products better with regular updates.  Expect another Enhancer Software upgrade very soon which will be free of charge for V2.x users.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 12:57:59 PM by amigakit »
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline walkero

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2022, 09:24:22 PM »
@amigakit
Thank you so much for that clarification.
Please allow me, and possibly other users, to be confused with all these different packages you have released, without being able to find information about them easily.

If I am not wrong, so far there are:
- Enhancer Software Standard Edition OS4 (1.5)
- Enhancer Software Plus Edition OS4 (1.5)
- Enhancer Software Special Edition (1.5)
- Enhancer Software Core Edition (1.1)
- Enhancer Software Release 2 (2.1)
- Enhancer Software Graphics Upgrade v1 (2018 release)

And the upcoming
- Enhancer Software Graphics Upgrade v2
- Enhancer Software v54

Am I missing any package?

At the official wiki.amiga.org there is only Enhancer Software mentioned, which seems to be v2.1 from the first screenshots (http://wiki.amiga.org/index.php?title=Enhancer_Software) and there is no mention of any of the other packages. To find what is included, a user needs to search the Amigakit website, the news announcements in forums websites for the last 4 years and the blog.amigadeveloper.com, where the Enhancer Software Core Edition is mentioned.

Unfortunately, for the upcoming packages mentioned above, there is no information anywhere, so the users do not know if they should wait for a specific package or buy now an other one, so they can avoid any double charge!

1. Why all these versions and why all this mess?

2. Is it possible to add a simple page on the wiki for each package, and write about what is included and what is the reason for having this package, so that people can understand, in some way, what they buy?

3. Is it possible to provide information on your plans for price reductions, if someone has a package and wants to buy another one, i.e. someone bought Enhancer Software Release 2 and wants to get Enhancer Software Graphics Upgrade v2?

4. If someone has bought Enhancer Software Release 2 and buys Enhancer Software Graphics Upgrade v2 he then has pretty much the same amount of software that is in Enhancer Software v54, or he will need to buy the latter as well because it will be required by something else in the future?

5. Is there a reason for having 8 different packages, with the same software included, where the users are required to pay again and again for the same software?

Can you please put some effort to clear all this mess you created?

Offline walkero

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2022, 10:11:44 PM »
@amigakit
Also, I was looking again at the last Amiwest 2021 and at 6:40:52 (https://youtu.be/zAqSeaM_uHk?t=24052) where Trevor announced DVPlayer he mentioned the following:

"Users who purchase DvPlayer will be able to download the Video Acceleration driver for RadeonHD Southern Islands using A-EON's Updater tool"

This driver that was mentioned is the one that will support full HD support? Because that's what he was speaking about, he clearly mentioned the video acceleration driver.
Are you going to respect this announcement or not? This was announced 6 months ago.

Offline Rob

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2022, 05:40:37 PM »
@walkero

I was involved in the discussion at Amigans.  I was just saying I was still looking forward to UVD support.