Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FFmpeg + FFplay SVN-r18880 (m68k)  (Read 19331 times)

Description:

Offline Crumb

• Show all replies
    • http://cuaz.sourceforge.net
Re: FFmpeg + FFplay SVN-r18880 (m68k)
« on: May 23, 2009, 11:42:57 PM »
Quote from: bernd_afa;455824
most speedcritical is in sdl the YUV to RGB conversion and scaler.MOS or OS4 SDL support working cgx or P96 overlay code, so code can merge easy i think.

but if on classic amigas cards are out that support HW overlay Bug free i dont know.

Classic Amigas have overlay with various cards:

CV3D, PicassoIV, Prometheus/Mediator/G-rex+3dfx Voodoo... IMHO it's a good idea supporting it

@Diego

Jumping back to version 49.30 sounds better. The main problem here is IMHO that there's no cooperation between OS4/MOS/OS3 developers and they don't work together to bring new ixemul versions... I would prefer something using SDI headers, like sourceforge MCC classes, that compiled in the three OSes. And global variables are not a good idea. Perhaps it could be changed to create some kind of ixemul.resource in memory with all that global variable stuff. Then the code could be changed to use the same name as the library, e.g. newixemul.library and newixemul.resource.

I think that Bernd could simply add some "experimental version warning" for developers and that he should keep separated the malloc stuff. The idea of adding a simple flag when compiling like -lsafemalloc proposed by Piru is quite reasonable.

BTW, is libnix updated to latest MorphOS versions? I usually avoid using ixemul...

I really appreciate the efforts Bernd does in the 68k front but Piru knowledge of AmigaOS inner working is impressive and his advice should be followed.

I would prefer there was some cooperation between OS4/OS3/MOS devs. It doesn't make much sense that there are 3 people reinventing the wheel with incompatible versions of the same library...

As ChaosLord as suggested, couldn't new v61 ixemul be statically linked? that way we would fix the problem temporarily until the 3 teams cooperate.

Good job with the ffmpeg port for 68k... does it convert FLV to Cinepak? that could make possible to use Tubexx with AmigaOS3 and use common avi/mov players like Moovid to play the files with weak cpus.

BTW, 680x0 cpus usually decode mp3 faster using integers.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 11:50:05 PM by Crumb »
The only spanish amiga news web page/club: Club de Usuarios de Amiga de Zaragoza (CUAZ)