Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Simon The Sorcerer ! CD32  (Read 2711 times)

Description:

Offline _eCat_Topic starter

• Show all replies
Simon The Sorcerer ! CD32
« on: August 06, 2004, 09:46:16 PM »
Hi everyone - guess this question has been asked hundreds of times on hundreds of forums - a search within these formuns didn't bring too much answers though - so i hope this isn't a duplicate post.

When buying my CDRom for the amiga several years ago, i bought the original of Simon CD32, too. - didn't take me too long to find out that it wouldn't wot with the amiga (and the cd32emulation-software the cd-controller had included.). I managed to start the game, but the sound (speech) was all messed up.

With todays UAE the game will wor correctly (as far a i tested) when using cd32 emulation.

does anyone now a way to get the game working correctly with a real amiga ? (or uae)

tahnXaLot

eCat

• Show all replies
Re: Simon The Sorcerer ! CD32
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 10:52:30 PM »
hehe.. (virtual) HD-space is not an issue - however i think the game needs to be patched somehow to run from a real amiga/uae :(

regards,

eCat

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 10:54:07 PM »
forgot to mention - i received a copy of Simon2 from ebay today - by now it seems to be even worse.. lol!

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 10:35:26 AM »
Thanks for the replies - i'll give idefix a try :)
(wil tell you later if it worked !)

cheers,

eCat

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2004, 09:07:18 PM »
Update:

Simon2 works pretty well now (native - no scummvm)
Simoon 1 still only crashes (on my real amiga i managed to start that /&$$ thing but the sound was messed up)  however i did not try idefix - since it doesn't seem to be available for free. guess i'll have to continue using the pc-version - or the amiga/text-version.
anyway.. thx!

greets,

eCat

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 11:02:26 AM »
Thanks for your reply!
I still hope, that someday it will run properly - perhaps with a whdload-install - so i don't actually want to sale. thanks for the offer anyway.
I'll let you know as soon as i find a solution for the probs :)

i've just searched ebay for more cds - seems to be quite rare - i only found this

eBay
hope it helps!

greets,

eCat

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2004, 08:59:32 PM »
One thing still left to mention regarding airsoft. They also offer a Product called 'CD32 Games Install Kit'. Their site claims that this product will install simon 1 cd32 on hd. i was lucky i had that one downloaded quite some time ago - because their download-link is broken for months. That way i was able to test the product which on my UAE-Amiga only managed to crash - in quite some configurations.
guess my last hope is actually whdload - does anyone know if one can request whdload-fixes ?

thanks,

eCat