Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Starting Webbpage that stores all kind of solutions to problem.  (Read 2090 times)

Description:

Offline GPTTopic starter

• Show only replies by GPT
I think that a whole load of people (amiga people) out there has there own answers to problems that they think is nothing and is easy to fix.

But I can bet a million dollar on that atleast an equal big amount of amiga guys don't know or can't seem to find anyone to help them.

So I thing that someone should try to start a webbpage where people can describe problems and there solutions for them both big and small.

I don't think this is a new idea but I do think that many people that tryed that idea didn't get people to understand that even a small small small problem can be huge problem to others.

The reason why I bring this up is that I recently answerd a cry for help about PFS 2 ( http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3707 ) and I have hade a solution for atleast similare problems if not that and i have no idea if other amiga guys even have tryed that.

Give my your best shot guys.

Please do excuse me for my bad English (if I'm wrong please correct me)
NWO tba 2012

Offline GPTTopic starter

Re: Starting Webbpage that stores all kind of solutions to problem.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2003, 09:14:40 AM »
NWO tba 2012

Offline ottomobiehl

• Show only replies by ottomobiehl
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2003, 10:05:35 AM »

GPT wrote:
I think that a whole load of people (amiga people) out there has there own answers to problems that they think is nothing and is easy to fix.

But I can bet a million dollar on that atleast an equal big amount of amiga guys don't know or can't seem to find anyone to help them.

So I thing that someone should try to start a webbpage where people can describe problems and there solutions for them both big and small.

I don't think this is a new idea but I do think that many people that tryed that idea didn't get people to understand that even a small small small problem can be huge problem to others.

The reason why I bring this up is that I recently answerd a cry for help about PFS 2 ( http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3707 ) and I have hade a solution for atleast similare problems if not that and i have no idea if other amiga guys even have tryed that.

Give my your best shot guys.

Please do excuse me for my bad English (if I'm wrong please correct me)

Great Idea, I know that I would frequent a site like that.  I guess the problem is finding someone who has the time (& resources) to put something like that together.  There is definatly a treasure trove of info out there and most have been very willing to help out when asked.

Perhaps there is a site out there like that and has been overlooked. :-?  If so maybe someone could provide a link.

Anyway, great Idea. :-D

Offline alx

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2003, 10:09:58 AM »
The Amiga Wiki (see my sig) has a HOWTOs section.  Unfortunately I'm the only person to have added any HOWTOs to it (two fairly naff ones at that) - having rejoined the Amiga only recently, I just don't have the in-depth knowledge needed :-(

Offline Wolfe

• Show only replies by Wolfe
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2003, 10:41:07 AM »
I would visit such a site.   :-D

I guess you could create a data base of solutions to problems either for browsing or for answering questions for others.
Avatar Babe:  Monica Bellucci  -    :love:

Offline GPTTopic starter

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2003, 11:16:20 AM »
If the database is built up so the logged-in users can add there own problems/solutions.

I would wana try to build one nmy self.
I know almost nothing about html and databases/servers but I would wana learn.

It's hard to learn and get motivated to continue when you try to be self learning.

I'm soon gona try to learn C++, I hope :-D
I tryed to use GCC but it was so complicated so I got my hands on a amiga C++ kit.

In one way we already have a database of problems and solutions on AmigaOrg but people don't always search if someone else hade the same problem before and got it solved.

For example:
I think I have seen atleast 10 new treads asking if it's possible to use PCMCIA ethernet card to your A1200/A600.
NWO tba 2012

Offline Castellen

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2003, 11:59:21 AM »
That's a good idea, though it would take a lot of time and effort to maintain such a database.
Remembering also that it has to be easy for less experienced people to actually find the required info.
Currently sites such as A.org are invaluable for problem solving, but as mentioned, the common stuff like PCMCIA cards, memory battery, etc, can get repetitive.

On my technical website at http://amiga.serveftp.net I am mirroring an A4000 hardware guide, with common (simple) questions and answers.  I haven't added anything to this myself, but might consider running something in the future?
I totally suck at website design, so am probably not the best person to do it :)

I'm more than happy to answer technical questions on A.org and via email.

Anthony.  

Offline GPTTopic starter

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2003, 12:10:43 PM »
Couldn't there be any way to just update AmigaOrg a little so you may add Q/A database?
NWO tba 2012