Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Recapping questions  (Read 2536 times)

Description:

Offline polyp2000

• Show all replies
    • https://soundcloud.com/polyp/sets/polyp-2013
Re: Recapping questions
« on: February 15, 2017, 03:32:28 PM »
Quote from: blanghorst;822218
So, I think I've decided to bring my Amigas back to life and play with them, so I'll probably be asking lots of questions. The last time I was here, I had just acquired an Amiga 3000 and a SCSI card reader, which I never quite got working. My Amiga 2000 startup sequence doesn't seem to work quite like I want, so I'll probably eventually post questions about that - I have one of those ROM switchers (DKB?) with a 1.3 ROM and 2.0 ROM and the startup sequence is supposed to detect the currently selected ROM and load the correct WB. For whatever reason, it doesn't seem to work any longer - I suppose that my ROM switcher could be dead.

HOWEVER, the first thing I want to consider if having my systems recapped. Who do you guys recommend for that? Here is some of the work I'd like to have done:

1. Amiga 2000 rev 6.x motherboard - recap
2. Amiga 2000 rev 4.3 motherboard - recap, cleaned, and replace CPU socket.  This was my original A2000 board and was damaged by a battery leak.  I figure if I could get if fixed, I'll have a backup OR I could slowly start building another A2000.
3. Amiga 3000 board - recap
4. Does anyone recap boards? I have an A2091, a GVP 3001 68030 CPU board, and a Microway FlickerFixer I'd like to get recapped at some point.
5. Power supplies - do you guys get those recapped as well?

Thanks

My next job is to attempt recap my A1200  so i will be watching this thread ...